Sky Broadband, line rental & sky tv for £17.40

Found 15th Dec 2015
I wanted broadband and phone line. No Sky TV. Called them up, asked for free broadband deal and line rental. I was asked if I wanted Sky a TV. I said no! Was asked why and said I couldn't afford it. So the line comes "let me see what I can do for you", erm OK, but it'll too expensive. Came back £56! Politely declined. Let me talk to my supervisor........ Ok we can do it for £34. I politely declined. Said I'll just have broadband and line rental..... "Ok let me talk to my manager"....... "Right we can do you sky tv, broadband and line rental for £17.40 ( no movies or sports) I asked how they could do it so cheaply. The chap replied that "they are given 20 special codes for family and friends, but they don't all get used and because I hadn't asked for Sky a TV they could offer me this!! It's for 12 months and then the price will go up. I had to call them for this deal and it's not available for current customers. Hope someone benefits from this x
Community Updates
14 Comments
Hot from me well done.
Called, they said they need a proof that they currently don't have that offer
Thats a steal if you can get it!
I called up the same way n got family bundle tv, free broadband and discounted line rental all totalling to £29 odd. Was the best move from talk talk I ever did! The more you decline, the more they knock off with their 'managers'.
Kammykay

I called up the same way n got family bundle tv, free broadband and … I called up the same way n got family bundle tv, free broadband and discounted line rental all totalling to £29 odd. Was the best move from talk talk I ever did! The more you decline, the more they knock off with their 'managers'.

So the same package as the OP but for around £11 more?
Drooler

So the same package as the OP but for around £11 more?

Op said TV, no movies or sports so to me that means basic freeview package. Thanks for the comment though alec
Kammykay

Op said TV, no movies or sports so to me that means basic freeview … Op said TV, no movies or sports so to me that means basic freeview package. Thanks for the comment though alec

Sky TV with no movies or sport is not freeview. These are two totally different products. Sky dont sell a "freeview package", theres little money in that.
Drooler

Sky TV with no movies or sport is not freeview. These are two totally … Sky TV with no movies or sport is not freeview. These are two totally different products. Sky dont sell a "freeview package", theres little money in that.

There's the original bundle that's pretty much freeview channels with a few sky ones, the variety bundle and then the family bundle.

sky.com/sho…es/

This is why I hardly comment on here because of people trying to get their frills.
I have the family package im with this deal.
pushybird

I have the family package im with this deal.

Thanks for clearing that up. I assumed you meant family. Great deal!
They phoned me today to offer it me did the same last year on18th Dec I phoned to cancel on 27th Nov this year
I cancelled on 29th Nov. Missed a load of calls from Sky on Friday, but got letter in post today offering 50% off for 12 months (any package) + £50 credit. Still not tempted - got a load of bargain NOW TV codes so will be using these instead.
could of got as family works for sky but compared to virgin there garbage

i mean downloading on demand haha come on
shoysted

I cancelled on 29th Nov. Missed a load of calls from Sky on Friday, but … I cancelled on 29th Nov. Missed a load of calls from Sky on Friday, but got letter in post today offering 50% off for 12 months (any package) + £50 credit. Still not tempted - got a load of bargain NOW TV codes so will be using these instead.

Hold out for 60% off and a £100 bill credit. I got that about 4 weeks ago. They initially only offered £50 bill credit though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions