Groups

sky broadband problem

just wondered if anyone can help having some probs with my broadband with sky i connect using wifi but the connection keeps dropping and reconnecting.but while its doing this im able to play xbox with no probs online.we used to have bt wireless router and never had any probs for years.any thoughts why?

7 Comments

Banned

Is the Xbox connected via wifi or ethernet?

What device are you using to connect to the wifi?

Can you connect your device using an ethernet connection?

Original Poster

xbox is wifi connected
    not sure im using the correct terms here but the laptop is connected wirelessly to the {sky}sagem router
    it does connect using ethernet cable.
    as im typing now its not playing up well about 15 mins now,which is why its annoying its intermitent a for a few hours we couldnt get on at all then connecting disconnecting now seems ok
    well for now anyway.so far we have altered signal strength and changed micro filters.

Banned

Micro filters wouldn't affect your connection to the router, only your connection to the internet from the router.

Wireless signal can be affected by external sources, wireless land line phones, the microwave being turned on or a wireless alarm system. Placing the router behind/near metal or dense objects can affect the signal spread.

Your next door neighbour maybe using the same wifi channel

type 192.168.0.1 into your web browser

192.168.0.1/wir…tml

then change the channel to something else.
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 14th Sep 2010

Original Poster

aha .you may have something there,the xbox is upstairs has no probs and when we use the laptop upstairs i cant recall having the connection dropping.we have no wireless phones upstairs only downstairs and we sit right near that.thankyou lumor.

I had similar problem with sky's sagem box, My built in wifi kept losing connection, So What I did was buy a wifi dongle and that works perfect never lost connection yet...!!!.

Original Poster

nearly 2 hours online.yippee. cheers lumor:D

I changed my change the wifi channel with no luck, Sometimes it stayed connected a few hours, Sometimes only seconds.

Hope it works for you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …210595
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.88
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416614118
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523435

See more discussions