Sky Broadband & Talk 2020 Increase price

Posted 18th Feb
Hi all,

So I am currently have issue with Sky.
Since May 2019, I used to pay £9 a month for line rental only (no extras).
Would only pay extra for call charges (which was only twice during that period)

This year (Feb-March) they seem to have charged me £17 and in March they will charge me £32 for the same thing.There is no extras since 2018.
I have had no emails or letters saying it will increase.

I have tried to live chat with them, twitted ,phone but no answers as of yet.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
What was the outcome of the Live Chat/phone call?
Craig201818/02/2020 19:01

What was the outcome of the Live Chat/phone call?

Called but the wait is to long.
Live chat (accessibility) couldn't transfer me to the right team as they are currently all busy..
Ana1018/02/2020 19:05

Called but the wait is to long.Live chat (accessibility) couldn't transfer …Called but the wait is to long.Live chat (accessibility) couldn't transfer me to the right team as they are currently all busy..

What do you class as too long? If you want to do something about your price increase then you will have to put the effort in and wait on the line. Otherwise keep with the current price. Given that the price increase news came out today then I suspect a lot of people are calling up to check/renegotiate/cancel.
Craig201818/02/2020 19:07

What do you class as too long? If you want to do something about your …What do you class as too long? If you want to do something about your price increase then you will have to put the effort in and wait on the line. Otherwise keep with the current price. Given that the price increase news came out today then I suspect a lot of people are calling up to check/renegotiate/cancel.

It has been an hour already still waiting on the phone...
Don't know if it has increased for everyone (i hope not)
Report dated 18 Feb 2020 from 3rd party of price rise scheduled for (appropriately?) 01 April 2020: ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml
AndyRoyd18/02/2020 19:27

Report dated 18 Feb 2020 from 3rd party of price rise scheduled for …Report dated 18 Feb 2020 from 3rd party of price rise scheduled for (appropriately?) 01 April 2020: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/02/isp-sky-broadband-uk-to-hike-some-broadband-and-tv-prices.html

Thanks
That’s a rather big increase have you come to the end of a deal? As normally price hikes only got up a couple of £’s.
you was probably on a deal, that has now finished
Mendoza18/02/2020 21:00

you was probably on a deal, that has now finished

Yes I did get this deal before their price increase in April 2019 so should expire in April 2020...
However that is quite a big jump so that's why i was wondering if i was the only one..
well my mobile deal came to a end, but I received no notification that it was ending

I just happened to be looking at my account, and seen it

I think they should have to tell you
Mendoza18/02/2020 22:21

well my mobile deal came to a end, but I received no notification that it …well my mobile deal came to a end, but I received no notification that it was ending I just happened to be looking at my account, and seen itI think they should have to tell you

Think contract end notifications only became mandatory few days ago on 15 Feb 2020. Some flowery waffle about Article 105(3) Directive (EU) 2018/1972 at legislation dot gov dot uk, additionally where the notification should be dispersed 10-40days prior to contract end
"...Before the contract is automatically prolonged, providers shall inform end-users, in a prominent and timely manner and on a durable medium, of the end of the contractual commitment and of the means by which to terminate the contract. In addition, and at the same time, providers shall give end-users best tariff advice relating to their services. Providers shall provide end-users with best tariff information at least annually."
legislation.gov.uk/eud…105
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants