Sky broadband unlimited to fibre unlimited

Found 3rd Jan
hi, I am on sky broadband unlimited 17mbps for £9.49 PM all in from the MSE deal a few months back but I am only getting 4-5 Mbps. has anyone ever upgraded to fibre unlimited and if so....how much extra. I asked on sky live chat and they said it will go to £30 but that seems like a big jump for not Much more

thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

if you are getting less than 1/2 the speed now you will be getting less than half of the upgraded speed.
all depends on router, how far you are from exchange and quality of wiring

plug yourself directly to the router and check the speed. if still low its likely the cabeling or distance

mattsk50 m ago

if you are getting less than 1/2 the speed now you will be getting less …if you are getting less than 1/2 the speed now you will be getting less than half of the upgraded speed.all depends on router, how far you are from exchange and quality of wiringplug yourself directly to the router and check the speed. if still low its likely the cabeling or distance

Rubbish.... upgrading to fibre will not get you half of the quoted speed. ADSL and VDSL are completely different technologies. With ADSL your broadband connection needs to go back
to the exchange which is usually a distance away, VDSL on the other hand only needs to go back to your local street cabinet. This means that the cable run is shorter resulting in higher speeds.

it would be worth upgrading to fibre
Edited by: "mds1256" 3rd Jan

Find out how far your exchange is first

f3rgy1534 m ago

Find out how far your exchange is first

Not exchange.... fibre connects to local cabinet as I said above

mds12561 h, 54 m ago

Rubbish.... upgrading to fibre will not get you half of the quoted speed. …Rubbish.... upgrading to fibre will not get you half of the quoted speed. ADSL and VDSL are completely different technologies. With ADSL your broadband connection needs to go backto the exchange which is usually a distance away, VDSL on the other hand only needs to go back to your local street cabinet. This means that the cable run is shorter resulting in higher speeds.it would be worth upgrading to fibre

sky fibre is not always fibre cable, they use copper lines

mattsk14 m ago

sky fibre is not always fibre cable, they use copper lines

Yes I know how FTTC works. You are missing the point that the cable run is shorter to the cab rather than going to the exchange so the speeds are much higher.

#mds1256
I had a 76mbps Vodafone fibre bb which got me between 30 - 35mbps. "Downgraded" to their 38mbps service and that syncs at 40mbps. I'm not even a mile from the exchange.
Why would that be?

Original Poster

I am approximately 1.66KM away and I'm getting 7.51 Mbps wired and 7.34 wireless now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions