Groups
    EXPIRED

SKY Cancellation / Retention query

Hi i wonder if somone can suggest a way to get a better deal from Sky, in light of recent posted offers on HUKD.

Currently pay £60pm. Been a customer for 10+ years.
    Called up recently to cancel, initially got 6 months at half price. When i called back a week later to confirm they said "NO OFFERS" and that i should have taken the deal the week before. So i cancelled - figured i'd go to Virgin.

Is it possible for me to benefit from the returning customers half price for a year deal now? Or do i need to wait for it to cancel, call back a few days later and then apply?
    Would i need to put it on a different name (same surname)?

11 Comments

i bet if you wait they will soon call you back begging for your custom if your spending that much for it. i was on the basic package and they kept asking me to come back when i cancelled.

i'd just call them again, said you've seen that for returning customers (be honest) and then ask them straight out, or else you're going to leave and join someone else =]

Original Poster

Just tried that - best they could offer was 6 months half price. Asked if i can have a think about it and the chap paused and hung up. Rubbish service - will wait for the next decent cash back deal with Virgin and sign up with them.

I phoned them earlier as my picture keeps breaking up and as its not the TV its gotta be the Sky box, firstly it was there's a £95 service visit charge and I said no thanks I'll cancel.
    They then offered em a refurbished Sky+ HD box for £29, but with a new 12 month contract.

Told em forget it and cancelled it. Been with them for years and they only seem interested in getting new customers and not looking after those who've been paying through the nose for a second rate service!

But I'm better off each month now anyhow! :thumbsup:

Cancel your contract and use the sky box for freeview, after a month or so the offers will come flying through the door to lure you back each one better than the last one. Well thats what happened to me.
    Wanted a free sky+ box but they wouldn't play ball so I cancelled after a month an offer came through door for a sky+ box free but pay for install, no thanks I thought.
    Couple of weeks later another flyer arrived for free sky+ and free install by this time my ears pricked up but stood steadfast. a month of so later got another flyer for free sky+ free install, 3 months half price and a £50 Tesco gift card, stapped it up like a shot.

Original Poster

Broxy, so after the cut off date the box will still work for freeview? Is this the same as freesat?

zahirbar;8783508

Broxy, so after the cut off date the box will still work for freeview? Is … Broxy, so after the cut off date the box will still work for freeview? Is this the same as freesat?

Yep, I ment to say freesat.:thumbsup:

Broxy;8783358

Cancel your contract and use the sky box for freeview, after a month or … Cancel your contract and use the sky box for freeview, after a month or so the offers will come flying through the door to lure you back each one better than the last one. Well thats what happened to me. Wanted a free sky+ box but they wouldn't play ball so I cancelled after a month an offer came through door for a sky+ box free but pay for install, no thanks I thought. Couple of weeks later another flyer arrived for free sky+ and free install by this time my ears pricked up but stood steadfast. a month of so later got another flyer for free sky+ free install, 3 months half price and a £50 Tesco gift card, stapped it up like a shot.

They will have to do some sweet deal to get me back, after the attitude that bloody whippersnapper had on the phone yesterday!
    Well done though to you. I'll see what comes through the letterbox from them.

Original Poster

Jaycee - i feel the same way.

Although i suspect by the time i get any form of mail from them, I'll be with Virgin Media. I'll wait and see what the channels are like first when it switches over to freesat.

Do Virgin ever do returning customer deals? Or really good TV deals which don't require you to have a phone line with them?

i tried it once went through to cancellations (hoping they would offer me a good deal), they didnt and when i said i was still wanting to cancel they just said go ahead.

It seems like customers who have been with them for years are not important to them

s_paul;8788528

i tried it once went through to cancellations (hoping they would offer me … i tried it once went through to cancellations (hoping they would offer me a good deal), they didnt and when i said i was still wanting to cancel they just said go ahead. It seems like customers who have been with them for years are not important to them

i was a new customer thinking of going from VM to sky and they didnt want my custom at all. tried to play the 'WE HAVE 50 HD CHANNELS' .... was about 30 quid more than VM without the ESPN sports!

sky suck
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Heads-Up / Reminder - How to avoid using PayPal's own conversion rates :{33
      2. Walker crisps67
      3. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.812
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767536

See more discussions