Sky Cancellation Tips

Found 31st Aug 2017
Cancelled my sky tv today finally after 3 years of negotiating every year and still feeling like i'd been done over by excepting the 1st or 2nd offer.

Anyone got any tips as to next steps, my ideal outcome is to upgrade to sky q and have the football (currently have Box Sets and one sky hd box) obviously look to pay less than I do currently.

Let the games begin.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Cancelled mine 3 weeks ago after they would only give 40% off . Offer on my account then went from 40% off to 30% off !

Today I got by post a 50% off offer (1 week before switch off) . Took it as I'm away on hols next weeks and to be honest life is too short to spend hours on chat haggling over £5 -£10 a month difference . Got enough off not to feel I'm being totally ripped off .
Renegotiated my package yesterday. Had all tv, Inc box sets, sport and movies, sky q 2tb box and a mini box for £35 a month on a friends and family deal. They put it up to £72... I've binned the sports and the mini box as neither were ever used, now back to £32 a month.
Just go on live chat after you have cancelled and say that your friend/sister/mum got 60% discount and £100 credit and see whether they will match it, worked for me for last 5 years and now I've got a further 5 year deal taking me till 2022
niconelove1 h, 7 m ago

Just go on live chat after you have cancelled and say that your …Just go on live chat after you have cancelled and say that your friend/sister/mum got 60% discount and £100 credit and see whether they will match it, worked for me for last 5 years and now I've got a further 5 year deal taking me till 2022

5 year deal with Sky ? You are in dreamland mate - Why post such idiotic misleading tosh ?
rogparki2 h, 38 m ago

5 year deal with Sky ? You are in dreamland mate - Why post such idiotic …5 year deal with Sky ? You are in dreamland mate - Why post such idiotic misleading tosh ?

Sky do give longer discounts than the contract term, I rang up for my mothers renewal and they told me that although the minimum term was ending, the discounts still had another 13 months to run.
So we left it at that, discounted and without contract, she's still with them now so it works well for all sides.
rogparki14 h, 2 m ago

5 year deal with Sky ? You are in dreamland mate - Why post such idiotic …5 year deal with Sky ? You are in dreamland mate - Why post such idiotic misleading tosh ?

5 years and i have the letter to prove it, all at 60% discount, so thats everything including multi room for £35 month
Original Poster
Update, offered 40% for 22 months (12 month contract) this morning and £25 credit. Would only do Sky Q for 25% off and would have to pay full price for multi room. Not the best of starts but going to leave it a week or so and see if we get any further.

Is there a particular live chat option I should use or do they all route to the same department?

What's friends and family deal?
Original Poster
UPDATE

So bit of an epic fail really, could only manage 50% off and £25 credit. I'm in a bit of a weak position as my land line and fibre have another 6 months to go. Good thing is my new tv 50% off for 12 months is rolling so come feb I will look to cancel both tv and landline. Hope other people have more luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants