Sky cancellation, will they offer me a deal.

Posted 30th Nov 2021
Hi,

So I currently pay £64 a month for sky and frankly feel as if I am paying too much, I spoke with cancellations and they brought it down to £48 a month, however they tried to catch me out by offering me HD for £4 a month for 18months or 4 months free followed by 14 months of £7 a month, which annoyed me as other people may fall for their selling tactic.

Anyway I wasn't happy with the offers they gave me despite my 8 and a half years of loyal custom. I went through their cancellation process and my time with Sky will end on the 31st of December.

I actually like the whole Sky Q user interface etc, but I cant stomach the pricing anymore.

My question is will they contact me again to try and keep me with an improved offer prior to December the 31st?

How likely is this to happen?.
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I never got contacted, no letters or anything which imo was great I'd never go back to them.

Don't miss them one bit, and pay much less just watching free view channels. I also didn't realise YouTube was so interesting until I ditched sky and their mind numbing programs. (edited)
    If you have marketing calls and emails switched on in your account settings they will offer you a good deal.
    When I cancelled they never contacted me until a week after I had left, they ended up pestering me with so many offers in the next 6 months I actually had to tell them in the end to get lost because I genuinely did not want to return.
    I ended up buying a Freeview recorder and saved myself £100's of pounds every year. (edited)
    Whole thread on it.

hotukdeals.com/dis…-30

Started a while ago but still running. Will give you a idea what others are being offered.
    so long as you have marketing calls (if that’s what it’s called) turned on in your preferences, they will probably call you.

I guess a week before cutoff, you could give retention a call.

more and more people are leaving it seems, you’re better off out.

obviously depends what you watch?
    Is Virgin not an option? Good deals for new customers
    Check your Sky account, used to be 50% offered on there if you went down the cancellation route.

Also, what package do you currently have? (edited)
    MonkeysUncle30/11/2021 22:47

I never got contacted, no letters or anything which imo was great I'd …I never got contacted, no letters or anything which imo was great I'd never go back to them. Don't miss them one bit, and pay much less just watching free view channels. I also didn't realise YouTube was so interesting until I ditched sky and their mind numbing programs.

Me either - Not everyone is. You will read posts that say they will contact you etc etc, but I can assure you they don't always. I have been playing the game (between sky and virgin, between my partner and I as new customers) and sometimes they have, other times they don't.

Chances - 50/50 I'd say. If you call them I always think that sends them a message that you don't want to leave, therefore weakning your negoiating. I'm not saying don't - it's just worth considering. Don't be afraid of leaving. There are options out there and besides you can return as a new customer a few months down the line. They will bombard you with offers after you leave. I get them by post every week
    Phone near closing time, say your thinking of leaving usually does the job. I rang once during the day and got no discount yet near closing time I got about £20 off with minimal negotiation. Paying for the full package, cinema, sports, Netflix, kids, Sky Q and one multi room box £61. It was £57 but they put up their prices half way through.
    I left 18 months ago. Dont really miss sky. Free sat enough for me. I do have now tv sports, all channels, cancel anytime for £25 a month. Sky wanted £30 just for the premier league, and extra for hd. That was on top of their standard entertainment package. Think the best offer was around £50 for entertainment, premier league and hd. (edited)
    Eye Pea Tee Vee £30 a year
    Author
    GlitchFace01/12/2021 09:04

Eye Pea Tee Vee £30 a year

But its never reliable?
    All providers seem to go under or disappear after a few months.
    they won't call until a few months after you have left as they want to make sure you are actually leaving before they will ask you back. best method is to wait for a week after notice, then go to chat retentions and see what they can offer.
    Have you noticed the posts that say.....

they will call you......and...those that say...
    they wont call you.....

There you go. You have your answer. The only thing for sure is that no one knows. Some get calls all of the time, some some of the time and some nver got one.
's avatar
Top Merchants