Sky cards changing - just a heads up

20 replies
Found 20th Apr 2009
Hi guys

Just a heads up really to all those people who are thinking about buying a second hard sky card (blue with yellow house). Don't, these are changing and these blue ones will stop working very shortly. Every 5 years or so, Sky replace these cards.
Not a concern to Sky subscribers as you will automatically get a replacement card in the post. Only really applies to those who have purchased a second hand card to get the FTA/FTV channels on a spare digibox.

http://www.skyviewinghelp.com:80/

20 Comments

speaking of changes, wheres the damn hd tv guide update !

A bit off topic I know but....

Anyone want to buy a Sky Card? Yours for a fiver! :-D

Banned

LOOOOL. Who uses a sky card to watch Sky channels via satellite?:whistling:

According to the ad on Sky, new cards are only being sent to subscription customers, so those with FTA/FTVshould be able to carry on using the yellow house cards.

My gran bought a sky £20 freesat card (blue & yellow house) a while ago, and it did say on the form the card was attached too, they (sjy) would replace the card for up to 3 years after purchase if they change the cards. I havent got any proof though, has anyone kept their docs from the £20 offer?

It wouldnt surprise me one bit if sky only issued cards to subscribers.

midlandscomics;4977664

According to the ad on Sky, new cards are only being sent to subscription … According to the ad on Sky, new cards are only being sent to subscription customers, so those with FTA/FTVshould be able to carry on using the yellow house cards.

yeah (break it down) They are sending the updated algorithm to subscribers. Those that used to subscribe and have a card are going to get stung £20 from sky to Buy the new key to de-scramble (like last time)

The card you have or anyone that is not subscribing will not be working for much longer less than 2 months more then likely

Banned

guv;4977614

LOOOOL. Who uses a sky card to watch Sky channels via … LOOOOL. Who uses a sky card to watch Sky channels via satellite?:whistling:

Banned

guv;4977614

LOOOOL. Who uses a sky card to watch Sky channels via … LOOOOL. Who uses a sky card to watch Sky channels via satellite?:whistling:

And another option is???

Banned

Pluun;4977823

And another option is???

Buy a Linux receiver and google satellite card sharing.

Banned

guv;4977882

Buy a Linux receiver and google satellite card sharing.

Aye, ty but I've just been told a receiver for sky is £300 :?

so then all the people that ditched sky and still have a sky box functioning as a freeview box will no longer receive a digital picture ...is this the case?

yep .

Banned

splatsplatsplat;4978623

yep .

Nope
You don't need a card for free stuff.

splatsplatsplat;4977544

A bit off topic I know but....Anyone want to buy a Sky Card? Yours for a … A bit off topic I know but....Anyone want to buy a Sky Card? Yours for a fiver! :-D

this isnt the fs/ft forum put in in there lol

Banned

Pluun;4978120

Aye, ty but I've just been told a receiver for sky is £300 :?

Have you? My one at £85 must have been a bargain

Banned

guv;4978941

Have you? My one at £85 must have been a bargain

Reely?
Gisa clue :-D

Banned

Pluun;4981197

Reely? Gisa clue :-D

Eagle.... Its a dreambox 500 clone.

Have a look at alsat.co.uk

Banned

guv;4981244

Eagle.... Its a dreambox 500 clone.Have a look at alsat.co.uk

Cheers m8 :-D

Banned

Pluun;4981283

Cheers m8 :-D

Another place that sells them is called "tring", though I think there is some connection with alsat.

im intrigued :P
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415479
    2. Boredom67
    3. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!1628
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35101

See more discussions