Groups

Sky cashback from Quidco

I took out a new Sky contract (new customer) - tv, internet, and telephone (so 3 different amounts of cashback from Quidco) on 15th September. It has all tracked and the retailer decision was agreed on 1st November (3rd step of cashback), so I am still waiting for the final stage - for it to be confirmed to get the payment. Has anybody managed to get cashback paid out from Sky via Quidco this year, and, if so, how long did they have to wait for it to be finally paid after the retailer decision was paid? Originally, it said that I would be paid by Christmas, but now it just says that the retailer is taking longer than expected to process the transaction. It would have been nice to have had the money for Christmas. Thank you.

19 Comments

I have LOTS in the same status, its Quidco, not the retailer. I can only assume all is not well at Quidco HQ.

Every time it goes past the estimated time I've contacted quidco via the query form and asked why taking so long. Within two days they have confirmed it and paid. (Different retailers)

Original Poster

pookynuts

Every time it goes past the estimated time I've contacted quidco via the … Every time it goes past the estimated time I've contacted quidco via the query form and asked why taking so long. Within two days they have confirmed it and paid. (Different retailers)

Thank you, I will contact Quidco.

Original Poster

pookynuts

Every time it goes past the estimated time I've contacted quidco via the … Every time it goes past the estimated time I've contacted quidco via the query form and asked why taking so long. Within two days they have confirmed it and paid. (Different retailers)

I have just done a live chat with one of the Quidco team and they have said that they will pay me the Sky cashback within 72 hours and recoup the costs later as it has been agreed. Thank you for your advice.

Sophiasky

I have just done a live chat with one of the Quidco team and they have … I have just done a live chat with one of the Quidco team and they have said that they will pay me the Sky cashback within 72 hours and recoup the costs later as it has been agreed. Thank you for your advice.

Good good! I've always been impatient and contacted them and they've always been good. Merry xmas !

I find my quidco tracks okay and confirms most of the time but never reaches the payment stage.
    Have chased in the past and not always been paid out.
    Dont bother with quidco so much anymore as not worth the effort of having to chase the payments and would never buy a deal on the assumption of quidco cash back.

Waited months for my £100 but never got it, complained to Quidco they gave me £20 instead as Sky eventually declined for no reason.

pookynuts

Good good! I've always been impatient and contacted them and they've … Good good! I've always been impatient and contacted them and they've always been good. Merry xmas !

Would u say quidco is better than topcashback? I'm not with quidco but tcb have not always paid out despite complaining

Original Poster

pookynuts

Good good! I've always been impatient and contacted them and they've … Good good! I've always been impatient and contacted them and they've always been good. Merry xmas !

Thank you, Merry Xmas too.

Original Poster

saraye

Would u say quidco is better than topcashback? I'm not with quidco but … Would u say quidco is better than topcashback? I'm not with quidco but tcb have not always paid out despite complaining

I'm with both - I started out with Quidco in 2009 and to-date, I have earned £630.52 and had about £9.00 declined. I do usually get it eventually, but was relying on the 3 Sky cashback transactions for Christmas as after doing presents for my four children, I wanted to use the Sky money to put towards a new sofa in the sales - that is the only reason why I went along with another contributor's suggestion about contacting Quidco to see what they would say. I'd like to add that I have just checked and the cashback (total £143) from my 3 Sky deals on September 15th is now available to withrdraw. I tend to use Topcashback if Quidco is not available - I also use Topcashback to get money back on my shopping (ie. £1 back for purchasing 4 pts of milk).

I've used Quidco since 2010 and got £6264 - However switched to TCB a few months back after Quidco's shambolic treatment of claims and delays etc.

So far just £506 with TCB but finding the process easier and tracking much better.

Original Poster

Drooler

I've used Quidco since 2010 and got £6264 - However switched to TCB a few … I've used Quidco since 2010 and got £6264 - However switched to TCB a few months back after Quidco's shambolic treatment of claims and delays etc.So far just £506 with TCB but finding the process easier and tracking much better.

It is good that you can get cashback. I got my older daughter to create a Quidco account and she uses it all of the time now and is happy with the cashback that she eventually gets. I got my oldest son to create an account last year when he took out motorbike insurance. He passed his driving test yesterday and so I told him to check Quidco after getting prices from a car insurance comparison site. He was quite happy to find that he had £25 sat in his account which was available to withdraw - he'd forgotten about the cashback he'd applied for when getting his motorbike insurance last year.

I've given up on quidco. Stuff doesn't track, if it tracks it doesn't pay.

quidco better that crapcashback(TCB)

TCB so called customer services for claims that are disputed are non existent and have had to continually chase them for a proper response to a query rather than their bog standard cut and paste response.

saraye

Would u say quidco is better than topcashback? I'm not with quidco but … Would u say quidco is better than topcashback? I'm not with quidco but tcb have not always paid out despite complaining

use quidco most of the time, TBC have 2 items sitting payable in 3 weeks for 10 week, suddenly they went to payable in 39 weeks!! contacted them, they said that's the length of time it now takes, yours could be paid sooner. Been waiting now for about 20 weeks, will only use them again for free ones not on quidco. Quidco have paid out before they have the cash many times.

Sophiasky

I have just done a live chat with one of the Quidco team and they have … I have just done a live chat with one of the Quidco team and they have said that they will pay me the Sky cashback within 72 hours and recoup the costs later as it has been agreed. Thank you for your advice.

They said the same for a £10 bonus - that was 2 weeks ago

Topcashback is the worst company for cashback also got sky not tracking and they told me going to put in manually but no guarantee of paying if it tracks.will not be using them will stick to quidco....also when you put in a missing cashback it gives you a lower value to what you signed up to.

Original Poster

Sambat

They said the same for a £10 bonus - that was 2 weeks ago

Perhaps I was lucky to get the chat person that I did. I withdrew the money for 3 Sky purchases (new customer) made on 15th September, yesterday - £110., £25 and £8 (total was £143 - when I took out the subscription, for some reason it was broken down into the three individual amounts). I would like to add that I did ask about a payment for 3 (sim only deal, new customer) for £30, which was taken out on 17th September, but she would not let me have that one early, and said I would have to wait. Perhaps try another chat?

Hi all,

Thank you for your post here @Sophiasky and I'm pleased to hear the support team were able to resolve this for you.

Just to note, when the cashback tracks into your account, you are presented with an estimated date of payment. These estimates are worked out by looking at how fast a retailer has been paying us over the course of a year. We do our very best to provide you with as accurate estimate as we can but as these are just estimates, they are subject to change and can't be guaranteed.

As you'll know, we're reliant on the retailer to pass us the cashback in order to credit this to your account. As soon as we go past this estimated payment date, the status of your cashback will switch to 'This retailer is taking longer than expected.' Once this happens our payments team begin to chase the payment for you on a weekly basis until we can have it confirmed and available for payment in your account.

Kind Regards,

Jack
    Quidco Company Representative
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767445
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691422
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.715
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047180

See more discussions