Sky+ Cheapest Way to Upgrade

Hi All,

I'm wanting up upgrade to sky+, however I feel I have missed the boat.

I have phoned up and asked to upgrade and they want £129 plus £30, which as you will agree is extortion.

Does anyone know if the Currys £49 offer is still on (I dont mind £49 plus £30 install). My local store is a 45 min drive and they wont connect me to the store, grr.

If Currys is finished, anyone know a way to get it cheaper?

Cheers

Sanch

11 Comments

i called sky, and told them "hi ive been a good customer of yours, but would really like sky +, and u do an offer on the web for £49 for new multiroom subscriptions, and was wondering if you could do me such an offer to upgrade my existing ones to sky+"

i have 2 sky boxes, and they charged me £49 each for the upgrade (didnt even have to pay the 30 installation)

so payed a total of £98 for 2 sky plus boxes with installation included!!!!

Original Poster

Really??

Thats excellent.

I did pull the old " im a good customer" as I have the sky, speak and surf package.

They said I could have it for "£79" if I take multiroom, however I have no need for multiroom (No Kids Yet)

Keep trying. It really depends on the operator as to what they offer.

Another way to get it cheaper is threaten to cancel. This is what I did and got a new SKY+ box for £39 + £30 install. You can get the box free if you really push them, but you then normally get a refurbished box.

If you go the cancel route you will need some patience and they will try as many options as possible before eventually giving in.

phone up say you dont want to upgrade say you want to cancell because you doing night shifts now and you dont get to watch things you like to and BT gave you a free BT Vision box that allows me to record things

and they will offfer sky + for free

Banned

qazim;1386130

phone up say you dont want to upgrade say you want to cancell because you … phone up say you dont want to upgrade say you want to cancell because you doing night shifts now and you dont get to watch things you like to and BT gave you a free BT Vision box that allows me to record thingsand they will offfer sky + for free

Not at the moment. They dont seem to be interested at the mo. (Guess its because its xmas time!)

I tried for this for my dad. He gets disconnected on the 21 Jan - despite paying them £45 per month.

guv;1386147

Not at the moment. They dont seem to be interested at the mo. (Guess its … Not at the moment. They dont seem to be interested at the mo. (Guess its because its xmas time!)I tried for this for my dad. He gets disconnected on the 21 Jan - despite paying them £45 per month.

As soon as they disconnect your dad, phone them up and say you've changed your mind and now want SKY+ You'll get it offered at a discounted price to reconnect. This route is not as convenient, but still works.

guv;1386147

Not at the moment. They dont seem to be interested at the mo. (Guess its … Not at the moment. They dont seem to be interested at the mo. (Guess its because its xmas time!)I tried for this for my dad. He gets disconnected on the 21 Jan - despite paying them £45 per month.

same happened with me, told them I was interested in VIRGIN, esp. the on-demand service (haha) but no offers whatsoever! I am on the full package as well. disconnected me there & then! :oops: I can see me leaving sky if they dont treat existing customers as well as new ones...
BT & british gas keep ringing me up asking me to go back, I just say you should have treated me better!

I have ordered the upgrade to Sky+ with Curry's for £59 and they are due to install on Monday. I actually ordered the upgrade in store on the 20th Dec. I think the deal is still on.

:? Hi, I am trying to upgrade to SKY+ and called into Currys yesterday to be told that the offer ended 24th December 2007. Will have to try the cancellation route.

Original Poster

cypress01;1386642

I have ordered the upgrade to Sky+ with Curry's for £59 and they are due … I have ordered the upgrade to Sky+ with Curry's for £59 and they are due to install on Monday. I actually ordered the upgrade in store on the 20th Dec. I think the deal is still on.

Ah is the deal still on, ill try and get in touch with the store again

Original Poster

Its a bad time of year for trying to upgrade,

I guess its a case of keep trying and waiting for another offer to come along
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    3. GOT Leaks again614
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710