Groups

Sky Completely Gone Off

Anyone elses Sky completely gone off ? It started with a couple of channels, then more and more now the lots off and I dont even get the EPG loading, getting no signal strength or quality on either 1 or 2.

Is it likely to be the heavy snow or something else ?

23 Comments

Mornin...i've just got a freeview box and tv is ok

Snow build up on the dish or feed horn, get out there and give it a clean. ;-)

yes, my sky off too. Freeview doesn't seem to be working either! (Wigan area)

Original Poster

MikeT;7430111

Snow build up on the dish or feed horn, get out there and give it a … Snow build up on the dish or feed horn, get out there and give it a clean. ;-)

Thanks but I think not ! I might try spraying a hose up there but thats it !

as above there's snow on your dish - get ya broom and gently brush it off..

my dish is too high up to reach & no ladders, so will have to wait for it to fall off.

iNSOMANiAC;7430119

Thanks but I think not ! I might try spraying a hose up there but thats … Thanks but I think not ! I might try spraying a hose up there but thats it !

If you spray water on it then that may freeze.

pestiewesties;7430145

my dish is too high up to reach & no ladders, so will have to wait for it … my dish is too high up to reach & no ladders, so will have to wait for it to fall off.

throw a snow ball at it :santa:

Original Poster

it coming down heavier than before ! just going to leave it for now

Banned

Have you considered suicide? I mean no sky.... thats disastrous. What if its off for over 2 hours! You just can't live like that.

Or you could just play in the snow, go for a walk, help an old lady, leave the house.

pestiewesties;7430115

yes, my sky off too. Freeview doesn't seem to be working either! (Wigan … yes, my sky off too. Freeview doesn't seem to be working either! (Wigan area)

Where abouts in Wigan are you?

Im on virgin here - near Wigan - but then again - Virgin is better

MikeT;7430111

Snow build up on the dish or feed horn, get out there and give it a … Snow build up on the dish or feed horn, get out there and give it a clean. ;-)

What he said.

As someone else pointed out it's probably a bad idea to spray it with water but a good hit with a snowball might knock any snow off.

Ungreat;7430487

What he said.As someone else pointed out it's probably a bad idea to … What he said.As someone else pointed out it's probably a bad idea to spray it with water but a good hit with a snowball might knock any snow off.

CAUTION, remember not to use the pre-made snowballs with the stones inside :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Are the ones filled with dog poo I reserve for passing pensioners suitable ?

I do hope that this thread was put on as a joke? It's a bit like calling your car manufacturer because there's snow on the road!!

stefor;7431152

I do hope that this thread was put on as a joke? It's a bit like calling … I do hope that this thread was put on as a joke? It's a bit like calling your car manufacturer because there's snow on the road!!

Not a bit like that at all!!!

Original Poster

It is when your from Stockport :thumbsup: They have very simple minds.

Original Poster

Its all back on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mod

redvee92;7430470

Where abouts in Wigan are you?Im on virgin here - near Wigan - but then … Where abouts in Wigan are you?Im on virgin here - near Wigan - but then again - Virgin is better

Both Sky and Freeview fine in Wigan here (so far)

iNSOMANiAC;7430579

Are the ones filled with dog poo I reserve for passing pensioners … Are the ones filled with dog poo I reserve for passing pensioners suitable ?

That " ageist " remark is not even remotely funny.:x

Inactive;7432164

I agree, he should of used the word OAP's :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Inactive;7432164

It amused me and thats the main thing.

Inactive;7432164

your right

Its hilarious