Sky Contract Ending Soon - Need some advice on possibly negotiating

Found 29th May
Hi everyone,

We moved into a new house last March and I got a bundle deal from Sky for 48£ a month for 18 months.

The bundle includes "Sky Box Sets" and "Sky Fibre Unlimited".

They are - 24.99 for the TV and 23.35 for the Broadband.

I have 2 more months and then it will jump to 70£ a month, which is way to high and it does not fit my budget.

With taking the bundle deal we have not uset the Box Sets at all and one of my requests would be do just now have it.

I also feel that 48£ is oka-ish, but we have not watched the "Box Sets" at all and would like to downgrade that one.

What is the best option to negotiate: 1. removing the Box Sets bundle (just plain TV programmes?) and 2. trying to get the best price for staying on my fibre and just having normal TV?

Overall I feel that currently 48 a month is ok? (let me know if I am totally wrong lol):/ I have never negotiated before, but I would like to try and get a good deal.

Thanks!
Community Updates
AskStreaming
9 Comments
I have a mate, do not know how he did it. He got everything sports, movies kids etc hd with 3 boxes and the best sky broadband. He was always complaining it was to expensive and left and he was paying 55 a month! As long as you’re happy it does not matter. Some one will always get a better deal then you:D
let me tell you something. the best thing to do if you are looking to get the best value package is to threaten them to leave either because it is too expensive or because virgin media offered you a better deal. at the same time, call virgin media and ask them for a good value deal and that you’re on a budget. i was paying £68 a month to SKY for what i get but now I pay £49 a month because i threatened to leave a few months ago. i’ve been with SKY for 12 years. i wish i knew about this earlier but man have i saved a lot of money. they also gave me HD channels for free. good luck
Edited by: "trivium" 29th May
I have read quite a few discussions on the fact that you can "threaten" to leave and action the cancellation form 30 days prior to the contract end, which is fine, I might try that.

I was thinking whether it would be worth just straight up telling them that I am looking to get a similar deal (maybe cheaper w/o the Box Sets).

There are also quite a lot of people who chat with different sky advisors in the span of a day and get different quotes.

Thank you for the replies!
All ive had to do in the past is threaten to leave. Within a week you will get an email or a phone call offering something better. Still say you cant afford it and you still want to cancel. Only once in the past 4 years have they actually cancelled my paid channels and i had only the free to air channels but even then it was for about a week and then i got the offers again. Never paid full price in all my time with Sky. Now ive got original bundle, telephone line with anytime calls and fibre broadband and i pay £36 for it all on a 2 year contract. If you can do without movies then its cheaper to get now tv. We use hubbys xbox and never paid full price, currently got 2 months free movies for that too
I know this thread is for cheap sky deal, however there are options to get TV cheap.
I dumped sky in 2012 and never looked back.
For roughly about £350 I installed a motorised satellite dish and bought an Enigma 2 TV receiver.
Now haver over 7000 channels across Europe that I can watch and record.
VenkataBe4 h, 5 m ago

I have read quite a few discussions on the fact that you can "threaten" to …I have read quite a few discussions on the fact that you can "threaten" to leave and action the cancellation form 30 days prior to the contract end, which is fine, I might try that.I was thinking whether it would be worth just straight up telling them that I am looking to get a similar deal (maybe cheaper w/o the Box Sets).There are also quite a lot of people who chat with different sky advisors in the span of a day and get different quotes.Thank you for the replies!

Have a look at the 75% off thread in misc it will tell you all the current deals you can get, reality is you won’t get any offers until you cancel and threatening will get you no where. It’s nmore difficult than it has been for a while and after 15 years of discounts when they didn’t really give discounts and 6 or 7 with massive discounts of up to 80 something percent I left last November after being told they could give me an amazing deal if £19 I was paying £8 and change before that, they still send through the offered latest is entertainment pack for £13 had been as low as £11 and a quid for all of the other packs. They will also push for a 12 to 18 month contract and even a tenner for an admin fee.
Cancel the tv wait a few a weeks until the tv goes of use live chat and try again
Go straight to retentions , don’t mess about these company’s purely treat as a number they’d rather u left and return as a stat as a new customer I think
Dont upgrade or go for sky q as they will basically have you right where they want you eating out their hands.

You dont own the sky q boxes, only rent them so when negotiating a new deal, its harder on sky q.

I bought a 2tb box off amazon and use that.

I have movies, sports, hd pack, boxsets, multiroom, and i pay £51 a month. That includes the broadband/line rental and the £8 a month call boost.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants