Found 4th Oct 2016
I thought I had a good deal with sky 25gb fibre broadband for £15pm till I went over limit twice and now they automatically walked it up to unlimited at £37pm! is they any way I can get out of this?

10 Comments

Banned

That is the problem with restricted broadband.

Call them up & ask what you can do about it

give them a call tell them you ain't happy. They should give you a deal. I currently pay £10 unlimited and £7.50 line rental from sky.

bo84gle

give them a call tell them you ain't happy. They should give you a deal. … give them a call tell them you ain't happy. They should give you a deal. I currently pay £10 unlimited and £7.50 line rental from sky.

Isnt the line rental £17.50? How did you get cheaper? Btw what is your broadband speed?

Original Poster

z_dane

Isnt the line rental £17.50? How did you get cheaper? Btw what is your … Isnt the line rental £17.50? How did you get cheaper? Btw what is your broadband speed?

​download speed 20.2
upload speed 9.5

My speed is 35mb+ and same £7.50 line rental and £10 fibre :).

Original Poster

shauneco

My speed is 35mb+ and same £7.50 line rental and £10 fibre :).

​is that capped?

z_dane

Isnt the line rental £17.50? How did you get cheaper? Btw what is your … Isnt the line rental £17.50? How did you get cheaper? Btw what is your broadband speed?

I get 30mb+ speed. I was paying full line rental up till last week I gave them a phone and told them I was leaving because I found a better deal and they offered £10 of my line rental. A was never leaving you just have to try your luck with sky. Usually they try anything to keep your custom. Currently I pay £25 a month for the full TV package. Half price multiroom/half price broadband unlimited and £7.50 for line rental. Also got £100 credit recently aswell

Original Poster

bo84gle

I get 30mb+ speed. I was paying full line rental up till last week I gave … I get 30mb+ speed. I was paying full line rental up till last week I gave them a phone and told them I was leaving because I found a better deal and they offered £10 of my line rental. A was never leaving you just have to try your luck with sky. Usually they try anything to keep your custom. Currently I pay £25 a month for the full TV package. Half price multiroom/half price broadband unlimited and £7.50 for line rental. Also got £100 credit recently aswell

​I will ring and try but can't threaten to leave as I still have 9 month contract left

Banned

col11

​I will ring and try but can't threaten to leave as I still have 9 month c … ​I will ring and try but can't threaten to leave as I still have 9 month contract left

You can say whatever you want to say but what you should say is

"can i change my broadband to a fixed amount per month regardless of use... I have heard you do unlimited for £5 on top of my line rental... I read it on a consumer website that everyone is getting it"

Job done

col11

​is that capped?

Nope, Unlimited.!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions