Groups

Sky deal coming to an end - best way to renegotiate new deal?

Hi People,

Just wondering if anybody can offer some advice.

My Sky half price offer is coming to an end at the end of this month and I'm wanting to know the best way to get a new deal without haveing to pay full price?

I'm thinking of cancelling HD as this will save £10 ish a month but would like to keep Sports, Movies etc.

Is it best to say I want to cancel and hope they offer a deal? Any advice on who to speak to / what to say would be appreciated?

Cheers

7 Comments

Just ring and go straight to cancellations...say you want to end your subscription as the contract is over....and they should offer you a 6months half price....this is if you get through to a decent sky employee
    Edited by: "Abz" 10th Feb 2011

its really hit & miss with sky at the mo some can get deals others cant, i have always been on some kind of deal for about the last 3 years but thid time coudnt get anything out of them so downgraded the package to save, couldnt get any deals for my parents either & theyve never had anything from sky in 20 yrs not even a new box. all i can suggest is be nice try the old "i love the channels but we just can afford them all " route.

I had the same situation as the OP, I spoke to sky cancellations and used the adding of services (Broadband and Phone) to get:

12 months Sky World+ HD subscription, Sky Multiroom for 12 months (inc HD box and installation)- Broadband (3 months free) and phone line rental for £69 pcm. This also allows me to use Sky Anytime +.

Moving lock stock to Sky is not for everyone but its the best way to get a 12 month deal in my opinion.

Banned

Just cancel and get a dreambox. Pay about £8pm and get everything back via someones dodgy server! X)

All you can do is ring and hope for the best,mine ends next month but luckily i dont care if they say no deal as i dont mind cancelling

Original Poster

Thanks people, managed to get it half price for another 6 months, just got to pay for HD on top. Works out at £36.25 instead of £62.25 so I'm pretty pleased

Banned

dave_lunt2

Thanks people, managed to get it half price for another 6 months, just … Thanks people, managed to get it half price for another 6 months, just got to pay for HD on top. Works out at £36.25 instead of £62.25 so I'm pretty pleased

My Dads runs out next month and mine the month after. (both got 1/2 price full package with no HD payment for a year) It will be amusing when I phone and they say no can do.... and they learn they'll get two cancellations in one hit!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?44
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News66

See more discussions