Groups

Sky deal extended for five years!

I have just received a letter from Sky telling me I can keep the deal I'm on for five more years.. no new contract! I'm on 50% discount deal for TV package so sounds great to me.
    Are they sending these out to all now?
    Maybe cutting staff in the retention team?
    Very nice for us though...

39 Comments

Original Poster

I would add photo of letter but no idea how to lol

Nice if its true

I started a new standard 60% off contract in October. Be great if I was offered this too as hate having to keep calling in each year threatening to cancel...How long is left on your contract?

Banned

Ask for 60% off & no price increases
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 26th Nov 2016

A price cap would be far more beneficial than a 50% reduction of a figure that can rise to unresticted levels with the customer contracted to pay half of those unrestricted levels for five years!

How long have u been with them for, I'm with them 14yrs and never had that, I have 2 call every yr and tell them I can't afford it to get a btr deal, hopefully they are starting this for customer loyalty, waiting on a letter, will call nxt wk if I don't get 1 thanks

jenkidd5

How long have u been with them for, I'm with them 14yrs and never had … How long have u been with them for, I'm with them 14yrs and never had that, I have 2 call every yr and tell them I can't afford it to get a btr deal, hopefully they are starting this for customer loyalty, waiting on a letter, will call nxt wk if I don't get 1 thanks

just cancel every year and follow the simple instructions on here to get at least 60% off and £50 account credit

takes less than 10 minutes

Tried that but they said they cancel it n my lot won't do without it even for a few days

I got the the offer aswell today even tho it's not worth 50% off especially the sports when they have lost European cup games.

They've probably realised the OP is cancelling every year anyway so are just saving them and Sky all the hassle in the future?

jenkidd5

Tried that but they said they cancel it n my lot won't do without it even … Tried that but they said they cancel it n my lot won't do without it even for a few days

you put in your cancellation notice, then go online and get the deal mentioned above

you don't go without sky, as you're only giving your 30 days notice and you get a deal within an hour of giving that 30 days notice

Cool cheers will do it 2moz have 2 go 2 a night shift 2nite

Original Poster

dani80

I started a new standard 60% off contract in October. Be great if I was … I started a new standard 60% off contract in October. Be great if I was offered this too as hate having to keep calling in each year threatening to cancel...How long is left on your contract?

​contracts finishes next may. can't really get over it lol.

Original Poster

jenkidd5

How long have u been with them for, I'm with them 14yrs and never had … How long have u been with them for, I'm with them 14yrs and never had that, I have 2 call every yr and tell them I can't afford it to get a btr deal, hopefully they are starting this for customer loyalty, waiting on a letter, will call nxt wk if I don't get 1 thanks

​we've been with them from the start really. left for a year with Comcast then back again. I phone every year too. 50%was best deal I've had

Original Poster

Topper1900

They've probably realised the OP is cancelling every year anyway so are … They've probably realised the OP is cancelling every year anyway so are just saving them and Sky all the hassle in the future?

​maybe. or job cuts as most sensible customers do this every year...

Original Poster

IMG_20161126_174234553

hope that works. for the doubting Thomas

Original Poster

no it's not going to is it lol

been getting discounts for the last 14 years and the last set of years since it got easier and easier to get the discounts have had 75%, 75%, 60%, 50%, 60% for a month then did it again for the 75% the other week loads of credit and new 2Tb boxes and Sky sent me the letter, with a 25% off discount for 5 years!! you can guess where the letter went.

Original Poster

eslick

been getting discounts for the last 14 years and the last set of years … been getting discounts for the last 14 years and the last set of years since it got easier and easier to get the discounts have had 75%, 75%, 60%, 50%, 60% for a month then did it again for the 75% the other week loads of credit and new 2Tb boxes and Sky sent me the letter, with a 25% off discount for 5 years!! you can guess where the letter went.

​don't blame you. mine is to stay on same 50%off deal.

cpayne58

IMG_20161126_174234553 hope that works. for the doubting Thomas

I don't have acces to your phone so I can't see the image. Thanks anyway. Regards, Thomas.

Without knowing how much you are paying we don't know if you got a good deal do We?

Original Poster

I pay 58.90 for phone. anytime extra. broadband. TV including sports. so around £30 for tv package

sky do seem to be leading the way with deals ..virgin take note

Sky advertised their mobile network tonight as a teaser advert.. interested to see what deals they will offer exsiting customers.

haritori

Sky advertised their mobile network tonight as a teaser advert.. … Sky advertised their mobile network tonight as a teaser advert.. interested to see what deals they will offer exsiting customers.

since our area has best coverage on o2 waiting for that to launch, has to make the o2 and Tesco cheaper hopefully, just as long as they don't kill Skys data like they do with giffgaff

I got letter yesterday saying the same thing, 5 years no price increase on the deal im on and no new contract, and no more calling every year, I pay £34 for everything including multiroom, except movies

got letter today too. been on current deal around 6ish months i think. 60% off no contract. got it with £100 credit. was gonna cancel after credit ran out. only on basic package £8pm after 60% discount

a colleague of mine got one of these letters the other day. she's on 50% off and has only been on it a few months and had previously been paying full whack for years.

Doubt I'll get one on the 75% off deal X)

Gaz_Oafc

a colleague of mine got one of these letters the other day. she's on 50% … a colleague of mine got one of these letters the other day. she's on 50% off and has only been on it a few months and had previously been paying full whack for years.Doubt I'll get one on the 75% off deal X)

I did

Got mine today, not sure if its for the 50 or 60%off I just got? It kind off takes away the fun of the haggle and freebies like the recent free Samsung tab E.

Sky wouldn't offer us a decent discount when we called even though like others here, we've been with them for 14 years.

In the end, we requested to cancel and have received an email all about the cancellation.

What do we do now? We don't really want to cancel but we'd like a better deal than what they're charging us now.

How do we get a better offer?
    Edited by: "katiesam" 5th Dec 2016

Original Poster

I did the live chat and eventually got 50% off and £50 cashback. I was happy with that.. even better now they've extended for five years! still can't get over that lol.

Yeah, I think if we'd been offered that, we'd have accepted but the best they offered was 30%, which was even more insulting when they keep trying to say it was 40% off but there was no way the maths would have agreed with them on that!

katiesam

Yeah, I think if we'd been offered that, we'd have accepted but the best … Yeah, I think if we'd been offered that, we'd have accepted but the best they offered was 30%, which was even more insulting when they keep trying to say it was 40% off but there was no way the maths would have agreed with them on that!

Wait until the notice period expires. They'll offer you at least 50% then, maybe more if you've got the nerve to hold out. Let's face it, their offering gets worse every year but they still up the prices beyond inflation.

I've had the 50% off for 5 years email but I'll probably still phone them up and cancel some time to see what more they'll offer to keep me. Every year the competition gets stiffer and Sky can't afford to lose too many customers.

Just been through my yearly "cancellation". Adviser said the offer was 10% at the moment which I declined and carried on through the cancellation process. Logged on to the site 2 minutes after being on the phone and there's a 60% off offer waiting for me. Not as good as some of the others here but I'll take anything over 50% off.

Lucky you! We phoned them to say we wanted to cancel our TV as couldn't afford it but wanted to keep the broadband. They said no you can't do that, you have to have the TV with it. So cancelled everything only to find on their website that you can have Broadband without TV! Have changed providers now!

I'm on £12 instead of I think £36.

Got the 5 year letter too. Won't bother haggling for 5 years for the sake of pennies

katiesam

Yeah, I think if we'd been offered that, we'd have accepted but the best … Yeah, I think if we'd been offered that, we'd have accepted but the best they offered was 30%, which was even more insulting when they keep trying to say it was 40% off but there was no way the maths would have agreed with them on that!

Download the "Sky Service" app and log in. It'll automatically give you a 50% off offer. Then get into an online chat with them and ask for £60 as you heard others are getting that.
    Also check out the 75% off Sky thread. Loads of great info in "here"

Edited by: "peteivy" 6th Dec 2016

Worth nothing the 5 years deal does not include multi room.

So I'll cancel that and go for 50% as per each year......
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55

See more discussions