Sky deals

Posted 1st Nov
I just phoned sky to try and get my package to cost less seeing as I’ve been with them ages and I’m getting no offers. They offered me a measly £5 off a month so I cancelled but didn’t really want to lose sky! I have Netflix, now tv and amazon prime but the internet speed where I live is pants so can’t purely rely on those for when the internet is rubbish. Any deals for signing back up or do you have to be without sky for a minimum term before you can get it again? 5 kids will be mad at me when they are home later
Community Updates

Groups

8 Comments
I haggled with them when it nearly came to an end I’m using the old sky box and was paying £22 a month for the original package. Was in town other day and the sky bloke offered me £3 off and sky kids for 2 months free. When the free offer finishes il be paying £24 a month which ain’t bad.
If you ever sign up with sky or Virgin always remember to get referral from a family or friend..both will earn money off or up to £50 each. Then never forget to cashback ANY purchase online!!! Either go through Quidco or Topcashback! You could earn up to £120/£150 cashback as a new customer!!

Same advise for high speed broadband. Cheapest for basic broadband is approx £17 or less? However you can get high speed (fibre optics - IP clear) broadband for approx £17 after cashback...I think someone on HUKD posted it up..unsure who the provider was? Possibly virgin or origin?

Next time you decide to leave Sky threaten them by saying that you’re moving to Yupp TV and to make you and offer. (Yupp online subscriptions are very cheap approx £5 per month...but it’s a streaming service!). They reduced my basic entertainment package from £25 to £15 per month!
n15hu01/11/2019 16:00

threaten them by saying that you’re moving to Yupp TV

Might not work if OP is called Kitty Smith
deeky01/11/2019 16:07

Might not work if OP is called Kitty Smith

Might work. If you change your name to Kitty Kat? Lol
You've only just cancelled? They'll phone you back pretty much begging you to return if you're out of contract so don't worry.
I cancelled, was paying £35 a month.... usual 15 mins on phone trying to cancel, they gave failry poor retention deal, saving about £7 if I signed up for 18 months... I declined.... a week later I get a text message offering same package for £17 a month for 18 month contract. So they might give much better deal if you wait another week or two.

I am going to cancel though... just don't use it enought to justfy, Prime video and freeview should hopefully be enough,
Thanks guys. Will see if they offer me a better deal before the 31 days is up. Otherwise it looks like it’s bye bye sky
pinkkitty200701/11/2019 19:12

Thanks guys. Will see if they offer me a better deal before the 31 days is …Thanks guys. Will see if they offer me a better deal before the 31 days is up. Otherwise it looks like it’s bye bye sky

Just make sure you've agreed to be contacted via calls and whatever. You need to opt in, no sure where tho, check the sky website.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants