Groups
    EXPIRED

Sky + deals

Hi all

mum is a current standard sky subscriber with multiroom

what would be the best deal she could obtain to upgrade to sky +

thanks

13 Comments

how much is she paying at the moment...to start with compare current cost with new customer costs

i phoned sky about 3 months ago and they supplied a new/refurbished sky+ box, installed (including new leads) for £30, all guaranteed for 12 months.
    i asked the engineer about the box and he said Sky had a lot of new but old model sky+ boxes, the only problem I have found is the box wont do sky anytime, (this I can live without) I have now installed the old Sky box in a bedroom and its working well, lots of freeview channels but only a couple of the sky ones.
    I did have to agree to restart the 12 month agreement, no problem as there is no suitable alternative in this area.

Original Poster

well she has her phone and internet with them as well

has the basic sky package with all channels except movies and sport

thanks for help so far

Tell her to cancel, she would then get through to her retention dept, tell them that she fancies sky+ but cant afford the upgrade. If they stand firm cancel, believe me they will come back within a month or 2 with a much better offer like free sky+, free install and maybe a £50 Tesco voucher which is what I got.

jbarnsie;7356183

well she has her phone and internet with them as wellhas the basic sky … well she has her phone and internet with them as wellhas the basic sky package with all channels except movies and sportthanks for help so far

thats exactly the same as i've got, it's easy for people to say cancel and you will get a better deal but cancel and you have then got to find replacement broadband, telephone and a range of tv programmes, all at a competitive price and also to start in a months time.
    Yes i would have liked a free sky+ box but i was happy to pay £30 and know i keep all the same services, i have since looked at changing my telephone & broadband to another supplier but i can't find a suitable alternative without increasing the cost.

Original Poster

so how much did you pay?

would that be for 2 boxes?

thanks

jbarnsie;7362097

so how much did you pay?would that be for 2 boxes?thanks

I paid £30 for a sky+ box & installation, I then installed the old sky box in a bedroom, we now have 1 sky+, 1 standard box ( multiroom) and now the old sky box (installed by me).
    (The very kind Sky engineer helped with the wiring of the old sky box.)

Original Poster

thanks

so the monthly fee isnt affected? take it , its £30 per box?

thanks again

jbarnsie;7363129

thanksso the monthly fee isnt affected? take it , its £30 per box?thanks … thanksso the monthly fee isnt affected? take it , its £30 per box?thanks again

Monthly fee no change,
    I think its limited to 1 sky+ box per account (at discounted price)

Original Poster

ok many thanks for help

will ring on her behalf tommorow night

thanks again

Original Poster

right

bit disappoitning really

just rang and have been quoted an initial price of 308 pounds for the following

new sky + box in the bedroom

another room on multiroom with a new sky + box (nothing in there currently)

this seems rather expensive! any ideas/tactics to knock this down a bit?

Original Poster

any ideas guys?

sorry to push it but trying to tie this up tonight

thanks

Original Poster

slightly different idea now

is this feasible?

get one new sky + box at however much

move old sky box from bedroom to other bedroom and get multiroom added for that room

is this possible?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC1416
      2. How to cancel Sky subscription33
      3. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…45
      4. Xbox One S or Xbox One X89

See more discussions