Sky Deals for existing customer strategy

Posted 5th Feb
Whats the best way of getting a new deal from sky?

Been a customer for many years but massively over paying...

Any tips or tricks or go for the threaten to leave ...

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Me please also been on the phone all night and the best they could do was take £20 off the sky q installation fee
Of course you have to start the process to leave. You will then be on the list of people they are going to lose.
If you accept the high price then they have no incentive to offer you anything better.
I had to leave this time to get the best offer. Even during notice period offers were very poor. 2 days after I had left got good offer, lost top level of sky vip but wasn’t bothered.
Look for the 75% off thread on here, the 75% is long gone but it will show you the process and what people are currently getting
From what I remember when I was with Sky until 2 years ago, just threaten to leave and with 24 hours login to your Sky account and an instant 50% was given in offers.
Its all changing businesses are fully aware now of how retention's is used as a factor, and companies like Sky & Three are clamping down on existing customer offers, sure you can get them but nothing like they used to be, you can get a discount, but its not a new customer based offer usually about 25% is the max now.
craigbelperbrown05/02/2020 21:53

I had to leave this time to get the best offer. Even during notice period …I had to leave this time to get the best offer. Even during notice period offers were very poor. 2 days after I had left got good offer, lost top level of sky vip but wasn’t bothered.

Is there a notice period you have to take before you can re join as a new customer?
nikbarker06/02/2020 16:38

Is there a notice period you have to take before you can re join as a new …Is there a notice period you have to take before you can re join as a new customer?

Have you done a bit of research before calling them are they offering a better deal to new customers or is there a cheaper alternative with someone else.

Once armed with this info. Ring them, tell them it's too expensive, state who you are going to go with instead and what that offer is see if they will start negotiating.

If not you may have to cancel and see what's offered to you then.

But do have a backup plan ready incase.
nikbarker06/02/2020 16:38

Is there a notice period you have to take before you can re join as a new …Is there a notice period you have to take before you can re join as a new customer?

Wasn’t treated as a new customer. Would imagine to get those offers you need to be a different named person.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants