Groups

Sky dish

Hey having sky installed today have a 4 year old sky dish from previous contract installed on side of house - is it worth getting them to install a new one or is their no point - im getting sky + hd

14 Comments

Don't think there is actually a difference mate, You don't need a new one for hd anyway, they just change the box, don't even change the cables

TBH I wouldn't like your chances of getting them to change it anyway, HD is just a standard install.

You will really see the difference, some of the stuff on HD is great

They changed my dish as it was splattered in bird crap. :lol: But all they generally do is change the receiver part, LNB etc.

They changed everything when i got Sky + HD - Dish/LNB/Cable the lot.

Original Poster

oldmankensey;5431265

TBH I wouldn't like your chances of getting them to change it anyway, HD … TBH I wouldn't like your chances of getting them to change it anyway, HD is just a standard install.You will really see the difference, some of the stuff on HD is great

Im a new customer though - if id paid £50 for installation id expect the works - I think its best though as the old dish is a little rusty :-D

i think your right if you're a new customer you should be gettin them new! i'd want a new dish if thats 4 yrs old as mine was 6 years and they had to come out inthe end as it packed in and swap it

Original Poster

camlen79;5431366

i think your right if you're a new customer you should be gettin them … i think your right if you're a new customer you should be gettin them new! i'd want a new dish if thats 4 yrs old as mine was 6 years and they had to come out inthe end as it packed in and swap it

Yeh i will just say to the bloke can i get a new dish

i've just changed from normal sky to sky + the guy was supposed to just put in a new wire but he replaced the whole dish without me even asking. so im sure if you ask the guy wont have a problem doing it.

i ddnt get a new when when i took out hd tho mne was only 3 years old,although when i bought house last owner had sky and got new dish when i took out sky so you should if new customer and seem down to pot luck f not

Get up a ladder and bend it or throw house bricks at it!!
    That should get you a new one!! (Worked for me)

:whistling:

Depends on who comes out.

I got free sky+ box (for referring a friend) for the multiroom box, and they just changed the wires from 1 to 2. It was an amstrad box and not very good, so I contacted them and got them to come out and change it for a thomson. When those engineers came out they were surprised that the first engineer hadnt replaced the dish (had it about 8 years) and did that as well as just swopping the box over (all they really had to do - nice easy job for them)

Banned

kelly_o_fanatic;5431568

Depends on who comes out. I got free sky+ box (for referring a friend) … Depends on who comes out. I got free sky+ box (for referring a friend) for the multiroom box, and they just changed the wires from 1 to 2. It was an amstrad box and not very good, so I contacted them and got them to come out and change it for a thomson. When those engineers came out they were surprised that the first engineer hadnt replaced the dish (had it about 8 years) and did that as well as just swopping the box over (all they really had to do - nice easy job for them)

Aaagggghhhhhhhhh!

These monkeys are NOT engineers!!!!

Most of them couldn't set up the sat system I installed on Saturday - and an engineer I'm certainly not. (Nor have I been on a half day training course!!!!!!):p

Original Poster

guv;5431687

Aaagggghhhhhhhhh!These monkeys are NOT engineers!!!!Most of them couldn't … Aaagggghhhhhhhhh!These monkeys are NOT engineers!!!!Most of them couldn't set up the sat system I installed on Saturday - and an engineer I'm certainly not. (Nor have I been on a half day training course!!!!!!):p

Yer i think anyone with half a brain could set up a satellite dish BUT i dont have much choice and the guy has to come round to do it

Original Poster

Right its setup - they replace the front of the dish as it didnt have enough quadrants ? got it all installed now - though im missing channel 5 and channel 4 +1 so doing a software update now to try and get them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927341
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767213
      3. love affairs45
      4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983130

See more discussions