Sky Dish query

See if iv got sky plus and its qired into the living room (2 white wires) iv got a spare sky plus box and a normal sky box up at my mum and dads.

Question is,
is it easy to feed wires into the dish then to the spare room (with a box) so i have sky in that room as well?
is it possible?

11 Comments

You will need to feed another two coaxial leads from the dish (this will need to have a quad LNB)

Banned

starsparkle2311;4565960

i think you can just split the wires to run up to your room, from the one … i think you can just split the wires to run up to your room, from the one dish.

You can't "split" a sky cable like an aerial cable. Your LNB (big thing that points at the dish) will have upto 4 connections (with at least 1 in use on a working dish). 2 connections required per sky hd or sky plus box, 1 connection per normal sky box

Banned

starsparkle2311;4565995

well I did say "i think", I'll delete my post now:thumbsup:

I wasn't having a go or anything? Just saying...

Yes it is pretty easy to do. Basically if you have a quad LNB you can have 2 sky + boxes on it or 1 sky + and upto 2 normal sky boxes.

Original Poster

so if im able to rig up another 2 cable for the sky plus box in the spare room.....

why on earth does Sky charge £10 a month for multiroom?

If your dish has already been installed and aligned it's pretty easy.

You will need to check and see how many spare feeds are on your LNB and if some exist then great and if not you will need to get a sufficient LNB (quad or octo). You will need approved cable (enough for two runs on a Sky+ box) and f connectors.

]Satcure has plenty of info on this as you may need other gubbins like wall fasteners. Then it is a case of ringing Sky for a multiroom card doing what it says when it arrives then paying £10 a month.

saxo_appeal;4566356

so if im able to rig up another 2 cable for the sky plus box in the spare … so if im able to rig up another 2 cable for the sky plus box in the spare room.....[COLOR="Red"]why on earth does Sky charge £10 a month for multiroom?[/COLOR]

Because you wouldn't have multiroom

You'd receive your regular Sky subscription channels on the existing box, but only the free channels on the new box in your spare room. If you wanted to be able to watch the same channels as your main box you'd have to pay the £10 per month :thumbsup:

midlandscomics;4566488

Because you wouldn't have multiroom :)You'd receive your regular Sky … Because you wouldn't have multiroom :)You'd receive your regular Sky subscription channels on the existing box, but only the free channels on the new box in your spare room. If you wanted to be able to watch the same channels as your main box you'd have to pay the £10 per month :thumbsup:

With the digital switch-over looming hopefully Sky will see sense and drop the price of additional multiroom subs.

Or do what I did & just buy a wireless TV sender !

Plug into other scart socket on sky box, put other upstairs & the signal is sent wirelessly to the other TV ! Picture is cracking, and you can use the sky remote in the other room as well.
Think mine cost £20

I have Sky + and a spare normal sky box in loft gathering dust, so i can link this one up outside, yes? Do I need a viewing card in the spare box?

Banned

saxo_appeal;4566356

so if im able to rig up another 2 cable for the sky plus box in the spare … so if im able to rig up another 2 cable for the sky plus box in the spare room.....why on earth does Sky charge £10 a month for multiroom?

Because they can!

Multiroom gives you the ability to watch on either box any channel in your subscription package.

If you want to just send the sky signal from your receiver to another room, you will be stuck with the channel on the box at the time. If you use the second box connected to the dish, you will be able to watch your subscription on your sky + box, but on the second box, whilst you'll see different channels, it will only be the freesat channels not the channels youv'e paid for.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763957
    2. Better watch out for these...912
    3. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    4. GOT Leaks again514

See more discussions