Sky, EE, Voda or BT broadband

Found 10th Aug
Hi

Trying to decide between these 4 providers.

All have similar offer at the moment. Whats the better provider? Bt being most expensive and EE cheapest with £5 per month difference.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Virgin and Plusnet as well.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 10th Aug
RiverDragon852 s ago

Plusnet as well.

I am with plusnet at the moment. But contract expired and their renewal rates were no where as good as these 4
kamakazi2 h, 30 m ago

I am with plusnet at the moment. But contract expired and their renewal …I am with plusnet at the moment. But contract expired and their renewal rates were no where as good as these 4

You speak to the retention dept, they will price match anyone except Virgin.

Pretty good deal click.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 10th Aug
Vodafone has been great for us, it's a few quid cheaper if you're a mobile customer as well.
If you upload anything, you will want to check the caps. 0.5m on many. 10m on Plusnet. Unltd according to Sky
Dont bother with Sky.

Endless issues last 2 weeks, random disconnects and no internet, cant watch netflix, nowtv or Amazon Prime without error on screen stating no internet (wired connection).

Xbox one is waste of space, loses wired internet connection and games don't work as no internet connection.

Speed profile dropped from 79mb to 71mb, then goes upto 74mb and then finally dropped to 66mb. Sky says no issues, cant help because its above 65mb as per T&C's even though speed dropped over 15% overall in space of 2 weeks. Has to drop below their estimated minimum before legally obliged to look into it.

But not too happy when threatening them with reducing my bill to them by same difference.

They have put blame on number of devices connected to router, 14 at time of initial call. That's supposedly too many to connect to their Hub and will cause problems. Normally have well over 25 attached devices and never an issue until recently but as its fibre they cant really help because it managed by Openreach.

Guy said to help with our loss of Internet when watching TV they will sort out a decent deal for SKY TV!!
RiverDragon82 h, 8 m ago

Virgin and Plusnet as well.

Not everyone can get Virgin!
I was on Sky fibre max and it was great tbh. No probs, I moved to Vodafone recently but use my own router as apparently the one they provide is crap. Vodafone has been spot on too so far. It's a couple of mb faster than Sky was and consistent. Also you can browse piratebay and demoniod on Vodafone without using a VPN they don't block IPTV suppliers either :).
.MUFC.1 h, 46 m ago

I was on Sky fibre max and it was great tbh. No probs, I moved to Vodafone …I was on Sky fibre max and it was great tbh. No probs, I moved to Vodafone recently but use my own router as apparently the one they provide is crap. Vodafone has been spot on too so far. It's a couple of mb faster than Sky was and consistent. Also you can browse piratebay and demoniod on Vodafone without using a VPN they don't block IPTV suppliers either :).

You Got some balls going raw in piratebay without vpn protection
saeed281027 m ago

You Got some balls going raw in piratebay without vpn protection

I browse first, then download using a vpn.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 10th Aug
From my personal experience BT and Sky were equally as good - When it comes to offers, BT is cheapest.

Talktalk is a load of shit and bottom of the pile

EE wasn't very good as they throttled when I last used them but apparently no longer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants