Groups

sky eye link question

We got sky years ago and they gave us a dish, then 3 year or maybe 4 council took it down and got us connected to the communal aerial. now we are wanting multi room so sky are coming out to install that and put back up another dish.

So we can gave sky plus in front room, sky normal in bedroom with the normal sub and was looking also to get one of these sky eye things

and have sky in daughters room linked off the sky in the bedroom
    any idea how these would work??

what cable do i need
    and what goes where

we bought one before and i didn't understand what cables was needed to returned it

30 Comments

i had a sky eye thing previously and it never worked properly.... thinking it might have been a user problem as opposed to the product itself..... it did get great reviews

You need to make sure that in the settings menu RF Out is on. Then you run the sky eye cable from the RF2 outlet at the back of your sky box to the ariel socket on your daughters tv. tune the tv in as normal while sky is on and it will find sky.

You will need a length of coax cable to run from the RF socket to the second TV.
    Edited by: "dh058977" 17th Jan 2011

Original Poster

what type of cable do i use to connect sky eye to my daughters tv?

normal areial lead

jazferbetay

what type of cable do i use to connect sky eye to my daughters tv?normal … what type of cable do i use to connect sky eye to my daughters tv?normal areial lead

Sorry just answered that! lol yeah, just normal coax cable, attach the sky eye at the end of the cable and into the tv.

I have one of these for sky tv in my bedroom the sky eye is wired so you will need extra aerial lead but you will be able to watch sky in the bedroom and change the channel you may find a better price but these ones are aproved by sky.

click here

Original Poster

ok what are the connectors? and can you link me to the type of cable i need for the middle between the connectors as for that price if they have them in store might go and get on this week before friday

dont know the name will try to find one just a normal lead (usally white) the type you connect a aerial to a tv with then that is all you need the tv link has instuctions on how to change the 1 thing on your sky box (really simple) to do with the rf out also you can buy it with a sky remote included so no need to carry the sky remote between rooms.

jazferbetay

ok what are the connectors? and can you link me to the type of cable i … ok what are the connectors? and can you link me to the type of cable i need for the middle between the connectors as for that price if they have them in store might go and get on this week before friday

the connectors are just normal coax and you just use normal arieal cable. Plug the coax cable into the back of your RF2 output, run the cable into the second bedroom and plug the sky eye device into the end of it and the other end into the second tv.

i think this lead somebody please correct me if im wrong

here

chris3349

i think this lead somebody please correct me if im wrong here

Thats it

Original Poster

i will need a really long lead, to got from one room to the other

cant drill it threw threw walls
    council house
    Edited by: "jazferbetay" 17th Jan 2011

[/quote]the connectors are just normal coax and you just use normal arieal cable. Plug the coax cable into the back of your RF2 output, run the cable into the second bedroom and plug the sky eye device into the end of it and the other end into the second tv.[/quote]

I agree this wired sky eye is much better that the wireless ones through.

jazferbetay

The one i linked is 5m but try ebay for cheap long cables
    Edited by: "chris3349" 17th Jan 2011

jazferbetay

Your only other option if you dont want to run the cable is to use AV senders.
    You can get huge amounts of coax cable dirt cheap though and that way is more reliable than the AV senders.

Argos item number 534/2835 would give you 25m of cable for £10 plus the plastic clips and nails to attach it to the skirting boards.

dh058977

Your only other option if you dont want to run the cable is to use AV … Your only other option if you dont want to run the cable is to use AV senders.You can get huge amounts of coax cable dirt cheap though and that way is more reliable than the AV senders.

I agree the wireless av senders is a option but when i had one and my parents tryed one we both had big problems with the wireless internet interfering with it.

chris3349

I agree the wireless av senders is a option but when i had one and my … I agree the wireless av senders is a option but when i had one and my parents tryed one we both had big problems with the wireless internet interfering with it.

Microwaves, wifi etc etc can be issues esp with the cheaper ones as they work on the same frequencies (2.8GHz i think) you have to spend alot more and get 5.8GHz ones, not worth the money in my opinion!

dh058977

Microwaves, wifi etc etc can be issues esp with the cheaper ones as they … Microwaves, wifi etc etc can be issues esp with the cheaper ones as they work on the same frequencies (2.8GHz i think) you have to spend alot more and get 5.8GHz ones, not worth the money in my opinion!

So we agree get the tv link and a cheap cable the argos one seams a great price

chris3349

So we agree get the tv link and a cheap cable the argos one seams a great … So we agree get the tv link and a cheap cable the argos one seams a great price

Yeah i think thats the way to go!

Hash112

Or buy these … Or buy these http://****.co.uk/LOGIK--WIRELESS-TV-AV-AUDIO-VIDEO-A/V-SENDER_W0QQitemZ120664784794QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=199196267650&rvr_id=199196267650&cguid=3d3ec3ed12d0a0aa1733c723ff7f8ad2#ht_1463wt_905

As already discussed they dont always work and theres no point in getting 2.4GHz ones.

Original Poster

i have a white cable like that i got from argos to original use main aerial to free view but was wrong cable.

will picture it and let you see it as might not need to buy one

jazferbetay

http://flic.kr/p/9aRE5w

Yeah thats all you need.

Original Poster

What about the connection connectors at the ends i took pic of them - flic.kr/p/9…AAr

jazferbetay

What about the connection connectors at the ends i took pic of them … What about the connection connectors at the ends i took pic of them -http://flic.kr/p/9aNAAr

Yeah i saw that, thats the right cable mate, might need to get a m to f converter for the ends though
    Edited by: "dh058977" 17th Jan 2011

Original Poster

ok. will get one of the eye things then and give it a shot when we get the sky box changed in livingroom.

it will be a sky silver sony box that will be using standard box and then they will be putting a plus box in the livingroom

sky 760 looks like this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31r7oUfhjhL.jpg

You will notice on the back of the sky box that the RF2 is a socket rather than a plug and your cable has a plug at either end. You will need to get one of these as well direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx if you want to use the cable you have

Original Poster

dh058977

You will notice on the back of the sky box that the RF2 is a socket … You will notice on the back of the sky box that the RF2 is a socket rather than a plug and your cable has a plug at either end. You will need to get one of these as well http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-0638.aspx if you want to use the cable you have

seen something like that in the drawer but will have to have another look, but might be better to get it from tesco. as i have not seen these in sainsburys

what about argos as its nearer than tesco and asda, argos is about 5 mins from sainsburys or currys

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3611382
      2. EE Retention Deal S811
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1331
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work22

See more discussions