SKY F5 BOX Question

Found 13th Jun 2015
Hi All -
I purchased a SKY F5 box in february and i have to say its been really good value for money (although the tv guide is terrible).
The channels have worked fine up until recent - i will say a large majority remain fine but a few specific channels, such as Sky Sports 5, Sky 1, Sky Atlantic and Sky living no longer work at all - when i go onto those channels it states "Invalid program, search again".

I have sent an email to the guy i bought the box from but wondered if anyone on here knows of any quick fixes or what the problem may be please?
Community Updates
AskSky
14 Comments
Hi, you have to update the channel list now and again... Go to ajsat.co.uk

Find a video on youtube on how to do it,
You need to update channel list now and again
Google aj sat list download the channel list for f5 and then you need to upload it onto you skybox via usb

Not that i own one of these
aren't these illegal?
littleredridinghood_

aren't these illegal?

no
jamstaruk1972

no

oh, my bad. sorry
mr_khanx

Hi, you have to update the channel list now and again... Go to … Hi, you have to update the channel list now and again... Go to ajsat.co.uk Find a video on youtube on how to do it,

Hi mate Thanks for this info -
I have gone onto AJsat site - but when i click on "Standard list" then attempt to open it im getting the message "windows cant open this file" and its asking me which programme i want to use to open it, there are 2 options - use the web service to find the correct programme and also select a programme from a list of installed programmes.

What programme to i need to be able to open the download?
Just checked and it appears the file in the AJsat page is a dbs file, so im presuming i need to download something that will allow me to open up dbs files?
nick1981

Just checked and it appears the file in the AJsat page is a dbs file, so … Just checked and it appears the file in the AJsat page is a dbs file, so im presuming i need to download something that will allow me to open up dbs files?

Or just use the instructions you were given...
download it on to memory stick placed in the root. plug it into USB on f5 go to settings. then do it from there
dcx_badass

Or just use the instructions you were given...

Guys i have the instructions - what i'm trying to say is i cant get the software onto the USB stick because when i go onto the site AJsat site it takes me to the correct page where you just click "Standard list" - this is then supposed to open up and allow you to then download it, then once downloaded just copy onto the USB stick then plug into the F5 box.
The issue im having is that when i go onto the AJSAT site and click "standard list" it is not opening open the content, im getting the message "windows can't open this file" - therefore im unable to download the content to allow me to put it onto the USB stick in the first place.
Edited by: "nick1981" 13th Jun 2015
Download on to desktop then put in USB don't copy and paste but drag and drop format USB 1st when you have done that let me no

IF YOU ARE MISSING ANY CHANNELS PLEASE GO TO,
WWW.AJSAT.CO.UK
AND CLICK ON THE, STANDARD LIST.

THEN GO INTO THE FAQ, SECTION ON THE RIGHT.
AND GOTO,
HOW DO I INSTALL THE LIST ONTO MY BOX.
(DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE)
when u click on download please allow Window to accept pop up on address bar to download and when the download finish simply copy and pts, to usb.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants