Sky Fibre Unlimited, 12 month renewal - YMMV

Found 5th Sep 2014
Firstly, YMMV. This was just my experience.

I have Sky Fibre Unlimited and phone. I never use the phone (don't even have one to plug in).
Prev monthlies were £15.40 for line rental, £20 for broadband. I'd been with them for a year and a week.

I phoned up asking for a migration code, saying I was thinking of leaving. I was put through to cancellations.

When asked why I was leaving I said that PlusNet were significantly cheaper and told them that they were offering:
£3.99 for first 6 months, £14.99 for remaining 12.
£15.95 for line rental for all 18.
£140 cashback (don't both mentioning Quidco, just say 140 back).

So the average PlusNet cost over the 18 months after cashback is £19.50 a month.

The equivalent Sky deal was £10 for 6 months, £20 for next 12 and £15.40 for line rental. i.e. £32 per month overall.

To make their deal competitive, Sky would need to offer me the broadband for £4.10 a month for the entire contract. Which I told them.

They first offered a discounted line rental if I paid the year up front. I declined, saying I was focusing on the monthly cashflow rather than wanting to pay a lot upfront.

Instead, they offered a 12 month renewal (unlimited fibre) at £5pm (and line rental staying at the normal 15.40).

I've had the email confirmation:

"I'm writing to confirm that you have agreed to take up our fantastic Fibre Unlimited 5 GBP for 12 Months (Recontract) - Existing UK Customer. We also wanted to remind you that as part of this, you've agreed to re-subscribe for a new minimum term to the products listed in the table below:

Sky Broadband 05/09/2014 12 Months
Sky Talk 05/09/2014 12 Months
Sky Line Rental 05/09/2014 12 Months"

Seemed good enough to me to go with, especially as I'm now tied in for 12 months rather than 18.

So obviously you may or may not get this deal when renewing.

Be polite and have all the numbers to hand so you can tell them exactly why they should be offering you a deal and you may be in luck.
Community Updates
MiscBroadbandInternetSky
18 Comments
Thanks for sharing, moved to misc as a heads up/info post as it's down to each individual what they may get.
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I might try that with virgin
Great post,thank you I will try it..!!
Syzable

Thanks for sharing, moved to misc as a heads up/info post as it's down to … Thanks for sharing, moved to misc as a heads up/info post as it's down to each individual what they may get.

Seems more like a graveyard here, where posts go to die
Oh well
Edited by: "dhope" 5th Sep 2014
Out of interest, what does YMMV mean?
DragonChris

Out of interest, what does YMMV mean?

Your Milieage May Vary
dhope

Seems more like a graveyard here, where posts go to die :|Oh well

I this comment. X)
Anyway, thanks for sharing OP. It should help others with negotiating deals.
Valuable information mate, thanks as my renewal for Fibre Pro is nearly up and I'm paying £15 p/m instead of the £30.
what speed can you get?
raptorcigs

what speed can you get?

Mine tops out at 38mb. I could pay more for the 76mb but the BT Infinity estimator reckons my exchange tops out around 38 anyway, so I don't think it's worth me bothering paying extra.
Syzable

Thanks for sharing, moved to misc as a heads up/info post as it's down to … Thanks for sharing, moved to misc as a heads up/info post as it's down to each individual what they may get.

Same as this one then Sy? (it's currently in deals)
hotukdeals.com/dea…191

This may not suit everyone and will be down to individuals what they might get!
Intresting, just about to cancel my Sky tv and maybe broadband too. Thanks op.
dhope
Dunno, I'm happy with my £5 for unlimited fibre broadband, and I don't bulk up that figure with other services (apart from line rental). Didn't quit, just gave them the sums on my alternatives.[/quote]

sorry to hijack thread any thoughts on this offer below
thanks in advance for reply

12 months fiber £5
then
6 months fiber £20
so 18 month contract poss £50 cashback
i am old 02 customer and rolled on to £7.50 broadband

do i leave and go bt with £125 voucher and cashback + bt sports

or virgin ?
Edited by: "golfgti" 12th Sep 2014
Received the same deal as above but with £100 credit as i told them plusnet are giving £157 cash back.
Mo1238 minutes ago #16
Received the same deal as above but with £100 credit as i told them plusnet are giving £157 cash back.

mo are u new customer ?
what did u get how did u get such a good deal
did u hold out or as u said quote plus net

thanks for your help and reply
Hi was actually in contract until Feb 2015. rang to find out what my cancellation charges would be if i was to cancel early. They told me why do i want to leave. I explain about plusnet with the cash back so she offered me £5 for 12 month then 20 for 6 months. said i was not happy as plusnet are giving cash back. she put me on hold and then offered me the 100 credit.

My fiber got activated yesterday so i rang up to upgrade from fiber unlimited to fiber pro. was told £20 for 12 months. i said i was not happy and she offered another £100.00 credit on my account. i refused and she still gave me £100.00 credit. so i total i received £200.00 credit on my account. Btw i was a ex 02 customer who was moved to sky so i still have free line rental from my previous deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions