Sky: Getting a better deal/free sky+ box.

Found 22nd Jul 2009
Okie dokie, the deal is that we have been sky subscribers for about 16/17 years now (since 1992 i think. We currently are receiving all the channels on a standard box.

The old dear would like SKY+.

What's the best way about doing this? and maybe reducing the amount paid without sacrificing the channels? what department do i call and what do i say?

cheers folks!

12 Comments

Ring up & say you want to cancel. Say you're fed up with new customers getting all the deals & you're switching to freesat. Guaranteed you'll get a good deal!

I have been a sky customer for about 4 years and have been having trouble with my box was going to change to virgin so I rang sky and told them they sent out an engineer with a new Sky + box at no charge, they said it was because I was a loyal customer the number to ring is 08000468840

yes definatly,

I did the same, and added that the only thing extra that i havent had was sky+, so they just sent out an engineer with one and got it fitted. free of charge.

say you want to cancelas youve got a new job NIGHTSHIFT and wont be watching tv ,they will say "have you heard of sky+" act dumm say no after all the spiel they will offer to install it for £100 or so with new box say you cant afford that then they will say free instalation so its just £50 agan say you cant afford then they will offer you a refurbished box(one got was in perfect condition musta been used twice)and free instalation you casually say ok that sounds fair enough and thats it free sky+ and instalation

it worked for me :-)

I cancelled after getting no offers from them, a couple of months later I had a postcard through the door offering free Sky+ box, free install and a £50 Tesco gift card...which was nice.

we are thinking of cancelling ours... thinking of going with virgin

Original Poster

Thanks for your input folks

We called and said we wanted to cancel because virgin had offered a V+ box free. They said they wouldnt do that, I said they did because they knew we were sky customers.

They offered Sky+ box for £100 + installation, I said virgin were giving it free, they went away for a moment and said we could have it free, just pay installation. I said couldnt afford that at the moment, and virgin were giving free installation as well. Went away to speak to supervisor for a few more minutes, came back and said I could have free new sky+ box with free installation.

Original Poster

i cant actually get virgin in my area, do you reckon they will know this / that this will make a difference?

Jetpac;5829248

i cant actually get virgin in my area, do you reckon they will know this … i cant actually get virgin in my area, do you reckon they will know this / that this will make a difference?

Probably best to go down the "I am now working shifts and there is not much point paying for a sky subscription because I dont get to watch the stuff I want". When they say about sky+ say that you had considered it but with the recession you just cant afford an extra expenditure at the moment

Jetpac;5829248

i cant actually get virgin in my area, do you reckon they will know this … i cant actually get virgin in my area, do you reckon they will know this / that this will make a difference?

I can't get a virgin in my area either:whistling:

superskilly;5825038

we are thinking of cancelling ours... thinking of going with virgin

Nooo dont do it.

To the OP I would imagine the least they could offer you is sky+, try for HD. 16-17 years is loyalty!!! :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247554
    2. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1217
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769184
    4. 5am gym crew20137

See more discussions