Sky Go abroad?

Found 24th Aug 2011
My boss has a flat in Switzerland and subscribes to Sky in the UK. Does anyone know a way that he could watch Sky Go whilst overseas? I understand he'd need a UK VPN but not sure how he could go about this. Sky say there isn't a way but I wondered if anyone on here would have any knowledge of how to do this please?
Community Updates
MiscSky
12 Comments
No idea........ But you are correct that sky go won't work in Switzerland. I just got back a week ago.... The iPad app doesn't even load (obviously as you'd intimated because of the IP)

Sky are pretty good with protecting their channels..... But everything can be defeated.
whatsThePoint

Slingbox

Indeed, that definitely would do it..... However it's a bit expensive to buy a property in the UK just to house a sling box!
He does also have a property in the UK incidentally!
whatsThePoint

Why suscribe to sky if he didn't have a home here

The friends we visit don't have a home here...... But they subscribe to sky so they can watch it in Switzerland with their valid viewing card.
Use a UK based proxy server and watch on a PC?
Try hotspot shield on pc or laptop. It allows me to watch US only content so should work in reverse also
british proxy/expat shield and try myiplayer

i use it to access bbc iplayer itv player, hulu and some others

pretty good for nowt

myiplayer.com/hom…php
Edited by: "casparwhite" 24th Aug 2011
casparwhite

british proxy/expat shield and try myiplayeri use it to access bbc … british proxy/expat shield and try myiplayeri use it to access bbc iplayer itv player, hulu and some otherspretty good for nowtSo would this work for Sky Go?http://myiplayer.com/home.php

Babbabooey

Use a UK based proxy server and watch on a PC?

How would we go about this please?
Simple-download a free proxy ISP,which hides your UK ISP,when you log onto Sky Go abroad- Sky does not know where you are works fine
true blue i tried hotspot shield and sky said as it cant tell i am in uk it wouldnt show
if you had expat shield downloaded sky will work because it UK VPN !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants