Expired

Sky Go Assistance Please!

Found 1st May 2012
Hi all, need a bit of help as I'm a complete novice with techy stuff!
I use my nan's sky (with her full consent) on my laptop and have done for a while with no problems.
However, recently, we noticed that we had been removed from watching as 'other devices' had been added, taking up the 2 allocated slots.
We switched one of them back to us, as it was an iphone (unnamed) and an xbox (in my uncle's name)
Spoke to nan asking if she had given them permission to do it and she says no, spoke to them and they are denying use, but it shows below the devices when they were last used, and their's was today!
So, my main question is: How can they access it without my username and password as I was the one who set it up?
Really confused and slightly miffed that they'll kick us off it again!
Please advise! Thanks ;0)
Community Updates
MiscSky
15 Comments
Change password?
Original Poster
pulsex0r

Change password?

Did that a few days ago, yet they've logged in today?!
Are they set up as a secondary user? you have a primary and a secondary user both with different usernames and passwords on the same account, if you have the primary one, just log on to sky disable their device, log on with yours (although you have a limit to how many times you can change per month) then change their password.
We have been getting booted off our sky go account, and no body else is registerd on it. I think it is a problem with sky.
easy enough to put your laptop back on as a device.
change password or buy your own sky.
Original Poster
MinstrelMan

Are they set up as a secondary user? you have a primary and a secondary … Are they set up as a secondary user? you have a primary and a secondary user both with different usernames and passwords on the same account, if you have the primary one, just log on to sky disable their device, log on with yours (although you have a limit to how many times you can change per month) then change their password.

When I log i it's says I'M the secondary user, which confused me as like I said, it's in my name, with my details etc.?
then you want the primary users login.
Original Poster
MinstrelMan

then you want the primary users login.

Nan wouldn't have known how to set it up, that's why I did it- confused! oO
If she didn't set it up then who has the primary users login?
Original Poster
Is there any way that when they somehow logged into into it, they changed themselves to primary?
Original Poster
pulsex0r

If she didn't set it up then who has the primary users login?

Thought I did since I was the one who set it up for the 1st time?
You need to access Sky Go with a username and password - slightly weird that you changed the password and they still have access.
Original Poster
pulsex0r

You need to access Sky Go with a username and password - slightly weird … You need to access Sky Go with a username and password - slightly weird that you changed the password and they still have access.

Exactly my point!
I think your nans changing it and having a laugh at your expense......:p
How come when trying to reset my Sky Go password , even thoughI have used a combination of numbers and letters I continually get a pop up box telling me I must use a combination of numbers and letters . I am tearing my hair out with frustration ! HELP !!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants