Groups

Sky Hard Drive Replacement

God i wish i had changed my sky hd hard drive before recording films onto it...............3 hours to image it then god knows how long to load it onto a new 1TB hard drive..............anyone else done this with any problems............

14 Comments

3 hours ?

Shouldnt take that long, did you use Copy+ ?

Original Poster

deanos

3 hours ?Shouldnt take that long, did you use Copy+ ?

Ummmm nope just used acronis true image have i dropped a *!*ock

Yes you have because you need to format it using Copy+ , its a different file system to a PC

skycopyplus.co.uk/

Original Poster

thanks for the info just down loaded and getting ready to copy.........

Shouldn't take too long , good luck

Original Poster

[quote=deanos]Shouldn't take too long , good luck [/quote

MY GOD 14 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

14 days ?

When i copied my HD hard drive to a new 750gb one it took about an hour.

Original Poster

the hd atm is 320g which which i had 8% free but the days have gone down to 9 days 17 hours.......
    arh well il just leave it over night doing what it does........hope it works after all this...............came up with a warning saying some boxes arnt compatable with large hd's.............................

I think its because you have used another program on the hard drive , i just hooked up the brand new unformatted hard drive and sky hard drive to my pc and pressed copy on the software.

Banned

lol what computer are you using? I done mine in about an hour too.

Original Poster

well its crashed great....................okay re-formating new hard drive and trying again...............computer should be fine only 6 months old...........

Banned

chuf

well its crashed great....................okay re-formating new hard … well its crashed great....................okay re-formating new hard drive and trying again...............computer should be fine only 6 months old...........

doesn't matter how old a computer is...it's what's inside that counts.

Original Poster

stopped formating put hard drive back to unformatted now using copy+ and saying 1day 8 hours.......looks better on time perhaps it was because it was formatted in the first place?
    Thanks for all the help.......

Original Poster

keeps coming up with erorrs about cant find lba mode then some numbers yes to retry or no so did no to all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4682219
      2. What is there free to do in your town?2545
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27121
      4. Sky Fibre Max44

See more discussions