Groups

SKY HD BOX Need a DVD recorder /Watch one channel record another or play dvd and record at same time

As title any suggestions since this is a good time to look/buy.Guess i need a dual channel digital but not to techy on this subject.Any help appreciated.

I want to record to disk so with the sky box dont really see the need for another pvr just a machine that can record a freeview or sky channel while i watch a dvd preferably upscaling maybe blu ray.Any thoiughts /comments to point me in the right> Please

13 Comments

humax is the best option for freeview, pc world have one sub £100

Banned

[FONT=monospace]you cannot get freeview recorders that record sky
    [/FONT]

Original Poster

csiman;3921762

[FONT=monospace]you cannot get freeview recorders that record sky[/FONT]

Thanx .Yes finding this out slowly.Sorry for late comeback but work nites

rugger-tyke;3921755

humax is the best option for freeview, pc world have one sub £100

Thanks .Have read that the humax will not record sky as no input?Is that correct.Basically i just would like to record movies or sport/documentaries from sky hd to a hd dvd recorder/player.Any suggestions

Banned

csiman;3921762

you cannot get freeview recorders that record sky

Nonsense.

Ive had one long before Sky+ was even launched.

Banned

guv;3925167

Nonsense.Ive had one long before Sky+ was even launched.

care to show us one then that records freeview and can record sky and play a recording at the same time?

Banned

csiman;3925223

care to show us one then that records two channels of freeview and can … care to show us one then that records two channels of freeview and can record sky? :whistling:

Care to show me where I said I could? Move goalposts much?

Banned

guv;3925323

Care to show me where I said I could? Move goalposts much?

I said freeview recorders cannot record sky

care to show us one then that records freeview and/or record sky and play a recording at the same time (which is what the op asked)?

Banned

csiman;3925414

I said freeview recorders cannot record skycare to show us one then that … I said freeview recorders cannot record skycare to show us one then that records freeview and/or record sky and play a recording at the same time (which is what the op asked)?[

That wasnt what he asked at all.

I want to record to disk so with the sky box dont really see the need for … I want to record to disk so with the sky box dont really see the need for another pvr just a machine that can record a freeview or sky channel while i watch a dvd

My TiVo happily records sky or freeview. Dunno why you think it wont record sky!

Original Poster

Guys thanx for your input perhaps i wasnt as clear as crystal. Anyhew checking out the panny EX78 on amazon although the humax looks good but avforum post says wont record sky.Any thoughts again appreciated

Banned

guv;3925507

That wasnt what he asked at all.My TiVo happily records sky or freeview. … That wasnt what he asked at all.My TiVo happily records sky or freeview. Dunno why you think it wont record sky!

So I wasn't talking nonsense when I said you cannot get freeview recorders that record sky?

csiman;3929236

So I wasn't talking nonsense when I said you cannot get freeview … So I wasn't talking nonsense when I said you cannot get freeview recorders that record sky?

Mate, you sound like a right smartass cock.

Why not fek off and talk to yourself. Then I'm sure you'll make perfect sense. Numpty.

Banned

scuppanet;4005667

Mate, you sound like a right smartass cock.Why not fek off and talk to … Mate, you sound like a right smartass cock.Why not fek off and talk to yourself. Then I'm sure you'll make perfect sense. Numpty.

Oh dear! Nice way to join a forum. I can see you getting on with people you sad muppet! :whistling:

Happy new year to you too anyway. My ignore list is getting busy lol :-D

Banned

BTW - reported; so enjoy your suspension lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30401
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?34207
      3. word association Game72844179
      4. Anyone else find Playerunknown super addictive but soooo frustrating44

See more discussions