Groups

Sky+ HD box seems to be deleting my reorded programmes - why?

When my recorded memory is full my Sky box seems to delete previously recorded programmes to record something else I have set - OH set the box to record Bayern Munichs match yesterday and it wiped the 2 lost episodes I NEEEEEEEDED and some movies.
    This may be a good feature to some people so that they dont miss something they wanted recorded, but is there a way to stop it doing this? Or if I mark the programmes 'keep' will this not happen?

How annoying! I have just had to go on Demonoid to get them but its just not the saaaaaaame LOL!

9 Comments

You can disable the feature somewhere in the setup menu. Marking programmes as keep will mean they are not deleted

maybe because you hard drive is full? remember to always select keep on your favourite programs

Banned

for a laugh?

nice avi JB...

Hope your boiiiii is good.

change in set up to ask you before deleting, and press keep on important things to keep,

Original Poster

The 'keep' thng only occured to me whilst I was already typing

So if I press 'keep' then it won't delete my things? Will have to give it a go :thumbsup:

think when we got ours the bloke said it deletes from the start of the list if the recorder is full - can you recors some off it onto dvd or tape until you get a chance to watch them ?

Original Poster

lucerysmum;8675811

think when we got ours the bloke said it deletes from the start of the … think when we got ours the bloke said it deletes from the start of the list if the recorder is full - can you recors some off it onto dvd or tape until you get a chance to watch them ?

I wouldn't mind so much if it did delete from the start of the list as I have lots of movies recorded that I haven't got round to watching - I don't think you can record off the box?

dmissy13;8675824

you could do with this … you could do with this http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/681348/sky-hd-1tb-box-240-hours-hd-recordi?t=681348

For £149 I would just buy Lost seasons 1-6 on bluray, possibly special edition :-D

You have it set to automatic - change it to manual.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22

See more discussions