Groups

Sky HD Box Subscription

Hi All

My current setup is we have Sky HD still in contract downstairs WITHOUT HD subscription (i.e. just got Sky+ as we don't see the point in paying so much more for HD).

In my bedroom I have had 2 wires fed in by the engineer that hooked up our Sky. Bought another Sky HD box with a white card.

Rang Sky today to have this activated on my account so i can use the recording features and they said that it can't be done - they'll have to activate multi room and charge me subscription for it (£10 a month I think they said a month). WTF? I just want this one to be free to air stuff but with recording function and DON'T need it to reflect the channels we're subscribing too.

Anyone had similar experience, I think they're trying to fob me off?

5 Comments

The recording function is part of SKY+, which is free as part of your subscription.
    If you don't want a subscription on that box then you wont get the + aspects of it.

No pay Sky = no recording.

Buy i freeview recorder

kroozing

Buy i freeview recorder

This,........... or buy a Freesat Recorder.

Original Poster

Babbabooey

The recording function is part of SKY+, which is free as part of your … The recording function is part of SKY+, which is free as part of your subscription.If you don't want a subscription on that box then you wont get the + aspects of it.

Cheers. Suppose I'll have to cough up or get a Freesat recorder :-(
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions