Groups

SKY HD BOX - What OUTPUTS are on it ?

SKY HD BOX - What OUTPUTS are on it ?

Quick question,

Getting Sky HD, what are the outputs on the back of the box ??

Apat from the HDMI, im guessing a Scart socket, 2x Aerial out (one with 12v), S-Video ??

Does anyone know of any good HDMI signal senders which are less than £150 ??

Cheers

Rick

9 Comments

Banned

http://www.ddelec.com/image/back_skyHD.jpg

Original Poster

Nice one!!

Cheers

Original Poster

One further question...

Does the Opitcal Output support the same output formats as the HDMI out ?

Cheers

Rick

its worth noting that several of the output ports are not enabled.
    rj45
    external sata
    usb

Banned

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]WAIT!

New Sky HD boxes do not have component out! That might be important!

Don't think sky supports Dolby Digital via HDMI - You have to use optical.[/COLOR]

Banned

Here are the ports on the newer boxes (image is of a samsung, but only the early Thompson boxes had component out).....

http://bayimg.com/image/cafojaaca.jpg

vibeone;7009625

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]WAIT!New Sky HD boxes do not have component out! That … [COLOR="DarkGreen"]WAIT!New Sky HD boxes do not have component out! That might be important!Don't think sky supports Dolby Digital via HDMI - You have to use optical.[/COLOR]

This is true, mine only has HDMI

Original Poster

Cheers for this,

So Dolby Digital has to go via the Opitcal ? if so, that makes it easier for me as i can just wire the HDMI to the TV and sound direct to the amp.

Cheers

Rick

Banned

RickT;7009710

Cheers for this,So Dolby Digital has to go via the Opitcal ? if so, that … Cheers for this,So Dolby Digital has to go via the Opitcal ? if so, that makes it easier for me as i can just wire the HDMI to the TV and sound direct to the amp.CheersRick

I believe so.

Obviously you get TV sound via HDMI which you can use if you didn't want to turn the Amp on. I have HDMI to TV, and optical to a Creative DDTS100 (a computery-sided dolby decoder with lots of inputs) and it works fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764305
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions