Groups

Sky HD Help please :)

Have just got the hd box, installation and hd sub for 12m all free yay!
    (i contacted them by the way, not them contacting me!)
    Can i now put my sky+ box in my bedroom? how would i do it?? and also does hd box come with an hdmi cable?
    thanks

8 Comments

you will need another cable into your bedroom from a 4 way LNB on your dish and yes it does come with a cable

Original Poster

mosskeeto;8085448

you will need another cable into your bedroom from a 4 way LNB on your … you will need another cable into your bedroom from a 4 way LNB on your dish and yes it does come with a cable

Whats a lnb? sorry :oops:

has the HD box been installed yet?

geegee-pinata;8085475

Whats a lnb? sorry :oops:

its the gadget stuck on your sat dish with wire(s) in it, you will need a four port one to run your two boxes

you will have to run another dual coax cable from your dish to your bedroom. the sky plus box will keep working but your card will be paired to your new hd box downstairs so you will only be able to use the old plus box as a very limited freeview box (you get hardly no channels without a card). and i dont think you will be able to swap the card between boxes as they are paired to the actual box.

Original Poster

The Fox;8085580

has the HD box been installed yet?

no monday - am thinking of asing the engineer to do it for £20 :whistling:

Thanks to the rest of you guys, repped.
    I have no idea what any of you are on about but will tell my other half when he gets home :oops:

How'd you manage to wangle it for free?

I called up and all they could offer me was free HD box, £60 install charge for engineer to do it. £30 if it was to be sent to me and I do it, on top of £10 pm for HD. For free install, I would need multi-room which is another £10 pm!

birdyboyuk;8085955

How'd you manage to wangle it for free?I called up and all they could … How'd you manage to wangle it for free?I called up and all they could offer me was free HD box, £60 install charge for engineer to do it. £30 if it was to be sent to me and I do it, on top of £10 pm for HD. For free install, I would need multi-room which is another £10 pm!

I think you can ask for half price movies and sport for three months as well...... guy at work did it and got it no problem
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions