Groups

Sky HD, Loss of some "packaged" channels within contract ?

Im sure this must of been asked before... but found nothing in search

Noticed on my Sky HD that MTVHD, Rush HD, Eurosport HD, Sky Arts HD 1&2 have now gone and got to pay to upgrade.

Im still within the 12 month contract and used to get all these channels, Is this right that they can change the channels i get within contract ??

I still get Sky News HD, however their website states i should not as its part of the sports and events pack which I don't have ??

Current pack is Sky HD, Movies, Kids, variety & Knowledge.

Cheers

Rick

9 Comments

I got a letter about this happening in advance, it's the channels that don't correspond with your entertainments packs that get took off.

I rang Sky, didn't kick off or anything just acted confused as to why they'd disappeared (denied all knowledge of the letter) and the lady just activated them for me no problem. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was lol!

Original Poster

spider1986

I got a letter about this happening in advance, it's the channels that … I got a letter about this happening in advance, it's the channels that don't correspond with your entertainments packs that get took off.I rang Sky, didn't kick off or anything just acted confused as to why they'd disappeared (denied all knowledge of the letter) and the lady just activated them for me no problem. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was lol!

Thanks for the reply,

How long ago was that??

I have not had a letter, i may have to call them now..
    Edited by: "RickT" 23rd Oct 2010

RickT

Thanks for the reply,How long ago was that??I have not had a letter, i … Thanks for the reply,How long ago was that??I have not had a letter, i may have to call them now..

I've only had the HD pack for about three months and I bet the letter came a month ago.

I only have the music and variety packs so I was left with the free channels plus Living and Sky 1 which seems silly for £10 a month!

It was a really easy conversation actually, normally you have to fight Sky for anything lol.

I had an email about this in August, saying how the only HD channels I will receive from October will be those associated with any packages I have already got. IE. Discovery HD if I got the knowledge pack etc... Whereas before it was sky HD package allowed all HD channels regardless of what other packages you have.

Ju7st checked and im still getting MTVHD even though I don't have music pack... Strange, worth calling them up and complaining.
    Edited by: "krazie2004" 23rd Oct 2010

Original Poster

On the phone to them now.. taken 11 minutes so far to explain the problem (argg!!)

Lost Sky Arts 1 &2, Eurosport, Rush HD, and MTV HD

Just gave the advisor the channel numbers now..... and on hold......

Update to follow.......

RickT

On the phone to them now.. taken 11 minutes so far to explain the problem … On the phone to them now.. taken 11 minutes so far to explain the problem (argg!!)Lost Sky Arts 1 &2, Eurosport, Rush HD, and MTV HDJust gave the advisor the channel numbers now..... and on hold...... Update to follow.......

To be honest I was thinking that my phone call was way too easy lol!

Original Poster

TOP RESULT!

After around 20 minutes on the phone, I have got the below channels back:-

283, Good Food HD
    244 Sky Arts 1
    256 Sky Arts 2
    384 MTV HD
    452 Rush HD

I was advised im entilted to these back due to still being within the 12 month contract.

Thanks to spider1986 for the info above!!

Thanks!

Rick

RickT

TOP RESULT!After around 20 minutes on the phone, I have got the below … TOP RESULT!After around 20 minutes on the phone, I have got the below channels back:-283, Good Food HD244 Sky Arts 1256 Sky Arts 2384 MTV HD452 Rush HDI was advised im entilted to these back due to still being within the 12 month contract.Thanks to spider1986 for the info above!!Thanks!Rick

Ta Da lol

Original Poster

jellybaby22

thanks for this OP didnt even notice..going to phone the chancers up and … thanks for this OP didnt even notice..going to phone the chancers up and get the channels back...cheek ..they never even told me...

No problem, Glad I got the help from the forum and glad to have highlighted it to you.

Rick
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?12
      2. Tradesmen battery power tools.22
      3. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?23
      4. Flights only Dominican Republic33

See more discussions