Groups

Sky+ HD & Magic Eye

Just a quick question...

Just got Sky+HD installed today, so thinking of wiring it to watch in the bedroom as well...

So from my understanding I can buy a hdmi splitter and a hdmi lead to the bedroom, then a Magic Eye with enough coaxial to reach the bedroom so I can change the channel.

So in summary, HDMI splitter for Picture+Audio, and Magic Eye for Remote, sound good? Or have I got a flawed plan?

7 Comments

Yep that would work as long as your HDMI cable isn't more than 15 meters long (and at that length, you need a decent quality cable). Any longer than that and you will need to run your HDMI over CAT5 or CAT6 using HDMI BALUNS
    Edited by: "JayBird" 11th Oct 2010

Original Poster

JayBird

Yep that would work as long as your HDMI cable isn't more than 15 meters … Yep that would work as long as your HDMI cable isn't more than 15 meters long. Any longer than that and you will need to run your HDMI over CAT5 or CAT6 using HDMI BALUNS

Cheers.
    Yeah I could probably get the run to be less than 10m as its an apartment and the bedroom is next to the lounge. I just had a thought that I could plug the Sky+HD into the AV Receiver then split the HDMI cable as then I could use the 360/PS3 in the bedroom as well as the wireless would work due to the thin walls/short distance I reckon anyways!

Would be ncie if I could find a way of running the cables back through the wall plate to the bedroom wall plate...but I doubt I can.
    Edited by: "awoodhall2003" 11th Oct 2010

could you put in some sort of socket back2back on your lounge and bedroom wall

Original Poster

PEPSIDAVE

could you put in some sort of socket back2back on your lounge and bedroom … could you put in some sort of socket back2back on your lounge and bedroom wall

Thats possible, but the Sky box is already on the other side to the bedroom wall so a small hole or even running it exterior along the balcony might be better. It is just where the sky box is and the satellite point in the wall there is a wall plate and thus would be nice to run the leads through there up and drop back down to the bedroom wall plate.

Banned

I wouldn't get out of bed.

Original Poster

DLM1 person likes this

I wouldn't get out of bed.

LOL! I wish that could be the case!

Original Poster

dcx_badass

You don't anyway.

Still being 'blunt' as I saw someone put earlier! :P
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…89
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047121
      3. word association Game73944494
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417

See more discussions