Groups

sky+ HD telephone cable problem

the cable supplied with the box was just not long enough to go from the box to the phone socket, so i ordered 2 x longer cables via ebay

the problem is simple

using the original cable the sky box gets a phone signal

using the two i got via ebay wont work

i no what your thinking, both must be faulty so i spoke to the ebayer and he said two cables being faulty would be a bit of a long shot

any other ideas ?

or can anyone point me in the right direction where i can buy they cable i need

10 Comments

do you need to connect to a phone line?

some cables are wired differently

was just wondering - going slightly off topic - if my SKY+ box is faulty and i ring them up to come fix/replace will i be given a SKY HD box???
    i have the sky insurance thing so they will fix it free of charge!

Original Poster

i am getting multiroom and this si the only time i no of having both boxes connected to the telephone socket is a MUST, arcangel111 i would geuss they would repair/replace it with the same model depends on how much of a fuss you make etc

Banned

Just stick your card in your Technomate and drp me a CLine!

Original Poster

i am not that sort of guy to do any of these dodgy things :-D lol

guv;8702987

Just stick your card in your Technomate and drp me a CLine!

jellybaby22;8702890

why do you need it attached to a phone ?? Mine never has been....what … why do you need it attached to a phone ?? Mine never has been....what does it do?

So that drunken daft people can press the red button and get charged a fortune for 'interactive' services.

Original Poster

im 99% sure as when they do there random tests and see both boxes fail there phoneline check ie checking there connected to the number you have on file with sky and are connected both at the same place, then you could be charged two subs, check google its where i found the info about it after sky mentioned it

Original Poster

id rather have an extra drink and make do with the free 10 mins preview LOL

moob;8703020

So that drunken daft people can press the red button and get charged a … So that drunken daft people can press the red button and get charged a fortune for 'interactive' services.

Dub1;8703035

id rather have an extra drink and make do with the free 10 mins preview … id rather have an extra drink and make do with the free 10 mins preview LOL

there's always babestation..... ;-) ch910

Your box has to be connected to a phone line when first installed, after that it is advisable but not compulsory.

When I need to connect to the phone line I just use a temporary 25m lead to the front of the house.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      3. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324

See more discussions