Groups

SKY HD To 2 TV's

Right,

I am looking at getting Sky HD. I want Sky HD on 2 TV's using 1 HD box - Is this possible??

(Are there 2 HDMI outputs on the a sky HD box)??

10 Comments

Original Poster

Rep given for good advice help

if you set up the other tv through coaxial input from the original sky hd box, i assume the signal will stay the same, at 1080p ratio. I am only guessing. I have the same set up at home, but the 2nd tv is a crt and the picture does not show properly on that so I am guessing that it is due to a hd signal (it used to work when we had 2 crt tvs)

Hi this should work:
    ukhdmi.com/hdm…er/

You output your sky HD to this box and use two HDMI cables to output two HD signals simultaneously.

Original Poster

Whats up Doc;6402115

Hi this should work:http://ukhdmi.com/hdmi-splitter/ You output your sky … Hi this should work:http://ukhdmi.com/hdmi-splitter/ You output your sky HD to this box and use two HDMI cables to output two HD signals simultaneously.

So just a HDMI Splitter is needed then? Great stuff. Has anyone else used this method?
    I was hoping sky HD boxes had 2 hdmi outputs, but this will work the same i hope.

Cheers fro the reply

Original Poster

stigma;6402104

if you set up the other tv through coaxial input from the original sky hd … if you set up the other tv through coaxial input from the original sky hd box, i assume the signal will stay the same, at 1080p ratio. I am only guessing. I have the same set up at home, but the 2nd tv is a crt and the picture does not show properly on that so I am guessing that it is due to a hd signal (it used to work when we had 2 crt tvs)

I think you need HDMI connections to both the tv's from the HD box. Just a coaxial cable will not show a HD signal. I currently have sky set up in multiple rooms using this method. thanks for the reply

you'll have the same channel on both tv's though, to get different channels you need a whole seperate line from your LNB on the dish

Not sure if anyone else uses this, but it's the only way I can think of outputting an HD signal to two sources.

Glad I could help though

edit: beaten to my reply by someone who does use the splitter!

Original Poster

Carley;6402219

I use a HDMI splitter, but the second output goes into a projector, it … I use a HDMI splitter, but the second output goes into a projector, it works great but make sure you get a '2 out' modeleBay item 280401802618 should do the trick and is cheap as chips.

Looks more like it £7.99 !

I am happy to have same channle on in both rooms, I will use the infa red sky eye with additional remote control in the other room, so i am still able to change the channel.

Thanks for all your input people.

FLC

Original Poster

Another Question: Thinking about it - Am i gonna need a coaxial connection as well as HDMI to the second tv?

Original Poster

Carley;6403065

No, just the HDMI cable (you don't need a coax to the first TV either.)

I thought so, but currently I have sky in multiple rooms & I use the 'magic eye' so you can change the channel from any of the rooms. With just a hdmi connection how can you change the channel without having to point the remote at the hd box?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Memory foam mattress topper22
      2. Android tablet parental control ?11
      3. Biscuit addiction1643
      4. Any solicitors? Leasehold covenant Query "business use"33

See more discussions