Groups

Sky+ HD upgrade

Hello.. Im upgrading to sky+ HD on friday.. (all free by the way)
    Was just wondering if there was an easy way of copying recorded programmes from mu current Sky+ box to the new box i get??
    Or is it just easier to just cram a load of TV watching in before the swap?

Thanks in advance

25 Comments

Banned

"all free by the way"

How?

£10 a month is it not?

Copy+
    Google it

dimebars;8051383

"all free by the way"How?£10 a month is it not?

nope ]http//im…png

Banned

libEL;8051418

nope … nope ]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/genealogy/images/thumb/6/6b/Italy-Emblem.svg/410px-Italy-Emblem.svg.png

WTF is that?!

You could either copy stuff to a dvd recorder, watch it all before you get the new box or, just connect the outgoing one back in once the new one is installed and watch it. It's your box, so can plug it back in if you want.

Original Poster

dimebars;8051383

"all free by the way"How?£10 a month is it not?

Nope just been offered Free box + free install + free hd pack for 12 months :P Check out the Sky HD thread a few people have been offered it.

Original Poster

windhoek;8051749

You could either copy stuff to a dvd recorder, watch it all before you … You could either copy stuff to a dvd recorder, watch it all before you get the new box or, just connect the outgoing one back in once the new one is installed and watch it. It's your box, so can plug it back in if you want.

I was thinking of watching as much as I can then pluggin back in if necessary..
    Makes me feel a bit better about deleting the 20 or so In the night gardens recorded if its to much hassle to transfer them lol..

dimebars;8051527

WTF is that?!

the wrong link :oops:

lets try that again ]http//ww…s-p

I just remembered that SKY often repeat stuff, so you could delete stuff that comes on often so that you could prioritise your viewing before you get your new box?

EDIT: I'm sure In The Night Garden is on all the time lol, that's gotta go

Banned

steph_reid;8051789

Nope just been offered Free box + free install + free hd pack for 12 … Nope just been offered Free box + free install + free hd pack for 12 months :P Check out the Sky HD thread a few people have been offered it.

Did you phone and ask or did they contact you?

Original Poster

windhoek;8051846

I just remembered that SKY often repeat stuff, so you could delete stuff … I just remembered that SKY often repeat stuff, so you could delete stuff that comes on often so that you could prioritise your viewing before you get your new box?EDIT: I'm sure In The Night Garden is on all the time lol, that's gotta go

It sure is lol.. x

Original Poster

dimebars;8051903

Did you phone and ask or did they contact you?

They contacted me ..

Banned

steph_reid;8051980

They contacted me ..

Cool

Have had sky+ and multiroom for 2 years now and all I get is damn companies trying to sell me warranties!

Has anyone managed this by phoning them? or do i keep my fingers crossed?

what package are you on?

Banned

Sky +
    Sky Multiroom
    All channels except Sports & Movies (and filth)
    Mid Broadband

i also want this package and have told them that i might be moving to virgin

karenhornby;8051384

Copy+Google it

Copy+ is a powerful freeware program that allows you to backup and transfer your Sky+ and Sky HD hard drives. It has been featured in The Guardian, PCW magazine and What Satellite magazine.

The ONLY product on the market that can do this, Copy+ can also copy between previously incompatible box models AND will work around Sky limitations on maximum hard disk sizes. Now you can take your box to 1TB

As stated you can copy your recordings without having to delete or try and watch them!

Original Poster

dimebars;8052013

CoolHave had sky+ and multiroom for 2 years now and all I get is damn … CoolHave had sky+ and multiroom for 2 years now and all I get is damn companies trying to sell me warranties!Has anyone managed this by phoning them? or do i keep my fingers crossed?

What ive read when people ring they deny knowing anything about it and say that your lying..

Original Poster

Hamonk;8052132

what package are you on?

I have all channels except movies.. (half price sports)

Broadband unlimited.. (Free for 6 months)

Phone

Banned

Seems that its folk with moviesor sports being offered it

dimebars;8052361

Seems that its folk with moviesor sports being offered it

and by the looks of it line rental as well

Original Poster

Hamonk;8060780

and by the looks of it line rental as well

I dont have line rental with sky .. as im in a contract with BT ..

steph_reid;8060930

I dont have line rental with sky .. as im in a contract with BT ..

do u have sports or movies

Original Poster

Hamonk;8061117

do u have sports or movies

Yea added half price sports about a month ago..

anybody else get this deal?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is12
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions