Found 5th Jun 2009
Well I'm just wondering if any of you guys know how to remove packages from your account.

Since the football season finished I no longer watch Sky Sports 1 (was the only one I had) so its a drain of £10 a month really.

I've had a look on my account on Sky.com and can only seem to 'add' packages and not 'remove' them.

Any help would be great, thanks.

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
28 Comments

You can't downgrade online, you can only upgrade.

You need to call SKY to get the sports removed.

saynoto0870.com/com…php

Well good luck it's like an inquisition when you try to do this I have put the link in for numbers from saynoto0870

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5407449

You can't downgrade online, you can only upgrade.You need to call SKY to … You can't downgrade online, you can only upgrade.You need to call SKY to get the sports removed.

Ahh, thats what I was thinking.

Cheers.

Original Poster

mikebike;5407468

http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.phpWell good luck it's like an … http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.phpWell good luck it's like an inquisition when you try to do this I have put the link in for numbers from saynoto0870

I'm confused. Site comes up saying ''No records found''

Meadsy4742;5407481

I'm confused. Site comes up saying ''No records found''

Ok try the site link and type sky into the search box

saynoto0870.com/

you have to call i did and they halved the price to £5 for the 3 months i was happy with that as their are other sports and footie tournaments on during the summer that i wanted to watch anyway

Original Poster

mikebike;5407505

Ok try the site link and type sky into the search … Ok try the site link and type sky into the search boxhttp://www.saynoto0870.com/

Ahh I see.

Well Sky is a 08442 number, says that Sky Talk customers can call it free of charge, all other landlines and mobiles 'may vary' dosen't give a p/£ per minute

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;5407523

you have to call i did and they halved the price to £5 for the 3 months i … you have to call i did and they halved the price to £5 for the 3 months i was happy with that as their are other sports and footie tournaments on during the summer that i wanted to watch anyway

Hmm, I really don't watch it now the football has finished, I've got Eurosport on basically all day for the French Open, then next week for the Queens.

I'm just sick of Golf and Cricket, even if it is the Twenty20.

Original Poster

What the hell.....

When I ring up I get a sound like a dial-up connection does, and then just a flatline.

I just cancelled mine last month, agreed you have to phone.

The suprising thing was it is the first time I have come across a helpful courteous person on Sky's phone line in all the times I have phones them. Job was done in about 3-4 minutes.

Cancelled sports and movies but they didn't offer me anything.(wouldn't of had it anyway)

Meadsy4742;5407594

What the hell.....When I ring up I get a sound like a dial-up connection … What the hell.....When I ring up I get a sound like a dial-up connection does, and then just a flatline.

When you go on a sky channel that you do not have and there is an upgrade number, phone that one.

Meadsy4742;5407527

Ahh I see.Well Sky is a 08442 number, says that Sky Talk customers can … Ahh I see.Well Sky is a 08442 number, says that Sky Talk customers can call it free of charge, all other landlines and mobiles 'may vary' dosen't give a p/£ per minute

Yes true but I always look on saynoto0870 I use it as a Directory really

0800 046 8850 is the number to call

Original Poster

WOW.

That has to have been the fastest call ever and I seem to have got an excellent deal.

Basically the guy said that alot of people are wanting to cancel Sky Sports because of there being no football, so he said I could have Sky Sports 1 free for the next 2 month and because I was wanting to add the music channels, I get them free for 2 month aswell, so my next bill will be £9.50.

I was expecting to be on the phone for ages aswell

Cheers guys.

If only they would budge on the multiroom... I called them asking what price I could get it for (i already have sky world, hd, sport and movies) and they said £199 for the box and £9.75/month - I told them I would pass out of principle, although I really want it. grrrr....

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5407759

If only they would budge on the multiroom... I called them asking what … If only they would budge on the multiroom... I called them asking what price I could get it for (i already have sky world, hd, sport and movies) and they said £199 for the box and £9.75/month - I told them I would pass!!

Is there no way of doing it yourself?

I remember years ago my Dad had the one box in the living room and he bought another box with a viewing card off eBay and managed to connect them, although when one person changed the channel downstairs it was changed upstairs.

They've probably cracked down on the viewing cards now.

I could get the box elsewhere, and wire it up, but it's useless without the card from SKY :x

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5407806

I could get the box elsewhere, and wire it up, but it's useless without … I could get the box elsewhere, and wire it up, but it's useless without the card from SKY :x

Ouch, so effectively all that money is just for the card and the service (that in reality your already paying for)

Meadsy4742;5407827

Ouch, so effectively all that money is just for the card and the service … Ouch, so effectively all that money is just for the card and the service (that in reality your already paying for)

Exactly, right con.
It would be like having to get two TV licences because I want to watch the TV in different rooms.

Could you not split the output from the sky box and route elsewhere (obviously again you would have the same channel on both)

greg_68;5407862

Could you not split the output from the sky box and route elsewhere … Could you not split the output from the sky box and route elsewhere (obviously again you would have the same channel on both)

Yeah, but I want it so that we can watch different programs at the same time, ie me with the HDTV watching football and the wife upstairs watching corrie :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5407895

Yeah, but I want it so that we can watch different programs at the same … Yeah, but I want it so that we can watch different programs at the same time, ie me with the HDTV watching football and the wife upstairs watching corrie :thumbsup:

I'm loving the fact that the wife goes upstairs to watch her programmes whilst you hog the HDTV

Meadsy4742;5408016

I'm loving the fact that the wife goes upstairs to watch her programmes … I'm loving the fact that the wife goes upstairs to watch her programmes whilst you hog the HDTV

Well, the one upstairs is also HD, but it's smaller than the one in the lounge.
Plus, corrie and the like aren't shown in HD so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Of course this is all theoretical until we get the second box, upon which time I might find myself chucked upstairs :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5408047

Well, the one upstairs is also HD, but it's smaller than the one in the … Well, the one upstairs is also HD, but it's smaller than the one in the lounge.Plus, corrie and the like aren't shown in HD so it doesn't make much of a difference.Of course this is all theoretical until we get the second box, upon which time I might find myself chucked upstairs :thumbsup:

I'd dread to think what you fork out for all your subscriptions each month - I'd burn the bills :whistling:

Meadsy4742;5408074

I'd dread to think what you fork out for all your subscriptions each … I'd dread to think what you fork out for all your subscriptions each month - I'd burn the bills :whistling:

£55ish http://images.zaazu.com/img/pain-pain-ache-headache-smiley-emoticon-000336-large.gif

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5408117

£55ish

Ouch!

If your wifes just watching crap like corrie why not just get freeview?

Goonieman;5408403

If your wifes just watching crap like corrie why not just get freeview?

We already have built in freeview from the TV (although the reception is crap, need to get a new aerial but that's another story), but would like the choice of all the SKY channels (that we already pay for :x)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. School shoes - with lights11
    2. Driving anxiety.1518
    3. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?65
    4. Toyota verso camera22

See more discussions