Sky, I'm so gutted

Found 12th Jan 2009
I just phoned Sky to get Sky+ for £49 due to the switchover offer, but they wanted a £60 installation fee which I think is a bit expensive. I tried the old cancellation line but it didn't work. I'mso gutted as the kids constantly watch nick jn so I wanted sky+ and sky multiroom but they wouldn't budge x x x

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
50 Comments

Tell them your leaving to get freesat instead.

I feel for you!!

Sky are so expensive and such a pain...

I have them too!

It is quite possibly the worst thing that could happen to anyone in the history of the world EVER!!!

Original Poster

thanks guys lol x x i wouldn't mind paying £30 installation but i think £60 is a bit steep

Original Poster

grex9101;4043452

It is quite possibly the worst thing that could happen to anyone in the … It is quite possibly the worst thing that could happen to anyone in the history of the world EVER!!!

lol x x

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4043446

I feel for you!!Sky are so expensive and such a pain...I have them too!

iknow it's so annoying and I can't figure out how to multiquote on here either lol

Angelstar;4043493

iknow it's so annoying and I can't figure out how to multiquote on here … iknow it's so annoying and I can't figure out how to multiquote on here either lol

wow, I just figured how to quote!! lol ...duh!

Get a freesat box installed with a hacked card , plenty channels to chose from :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Original Poster

jellybaby22;4043517

worst of it is...if you pay the installation and then a few weeks later … worst of it is...if you pay the installation and then a few weeks later they have the offers where they install for free...that always happens to me :x

i know, going through the threads about sky on here they say the best time to phone is towards the end of the month when they are trying to reach their targets, so i might wait till then and hope a better offer comes up in the meantime

Original Poster

esq3585;4043533

Get a freesat box installed with a hacked card , plenty channels to chose … Get a freesat box installed with a hacked card , plenty channels to chose from :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

good idea, lol

Angelstar;4043493

iknow it's so annoying and I can't figure out how to multiquote on here … iknow it's so annoying and I can't figure out how to multiquote on here either lol

Dont know if its right but its what I do, click on the first multi quote button of the post you want to quote, then use your back button (top left corner, big blue arrow usually) then click on multi quote of the next post you want to add and you will then have 2, rinse repeat and keep doing this for as many as you like.

Try being honest with them and say, that you want Multiroom and you only want to pay £30 installation or you will cancel (obviously only do this if you really will) and see where that gets you.

This happened to us- eventually I am sure they installed for free if we upgraded to sky sports but we only had to keep it for 1 month. Took about 3 phone calls tho and each department gave us a different story. But we got there in the end! Does anone know if you are tied in for 12 months if you have got a sky+ box? And probably a stupid question but do you have to have tv package to keep sky broadband?

Angelstar;4043579

good idea, lol

Post a question in misc and the answers will come flooding in :thumbsup:

Original Poster

alisonfitz;4043585

This happened to us- eventually I am sure they installed for free if we … This happened to us- eventually I am sure they installed for free if we upgraded to sky sports but we only had to keep it for 1 month. Took about 3 phone calls tho and each department gave us a different story. But we got there in the end! Does anone know if you are tied in for 12 months if you have got a sky+ box? And probably a stupid question but do you have to have tv package to keep sky broadband?

thanks will try that

esq3585;4043612

Post a question in misc and the answers will come flooding in :thumbsup:

yep they are the best x x x

Banned

esq3585;4043533

Get a freesat box installed with a hacked card , plenty channels to chose … Get a freesat box installed with a hacked card , plenty channels to chose from :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What do you mean by hacked card? There are no card slots in Freesat receivers are there? (Thats why its called freesat!!!)

guv;4043773

What do you mean by hacked card? There are no card slots in Freesat … What do you mean by hacked card? There are no card slots in Freesat receivers are there? (Thats why its called freesat!!!)

Wondering when you would jump in, noticed you are the man for satellite advice.(bows down )
Should I have said free to air?

Original Poster

guv;4043773

What do you mean by hacked card? There are no card slots in Freesat … What do you mean by hacked card? There are no card slots in Freesat receivers are there? (Thats why its called freesat!!!)

sorry didn't realise freesat was available, when i tried to get freeview it's not in my area until march 2010, i'm looking on the freesat webpage now, thanks for your help x x x

Banned

esq3585;4043825

Wondering when you would jump in, noticed you are the man for satellite … Wondering when you would jump in, noticed you are the man for satellite advice.(bows down )Should I have said free to air?

Haha... OK:thumbsup:

I dont have a freesat box, but fairly certain the whole concept is that is completely freesat - so no need for CAMS and cards! (Yes its FTA)

Try phone Sky again, different advisers will give you different offers - definitely worth a try :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Mrs.Z;4043895

Try phone Sky again, different advisers will give you different offers - … Try phone Sky again, different advisers will give you different offers - definitely worth a try :thumbsup:

yes i'm going to try tomorrow thanks x x x

Banned

Angelstar;4043856

sorry didn't realise freesat was available, when i tried to get freeview … sorry didn't realise freesat was available, when i tried to get freeview it's not in my area until march 2010, i'm looking on the freesat webpage now, thanks for your help x x x

Dont confuse freeview with freesat. Although the channels are much the same, Freeview is terrestrial (ie via an aerial) and freesat is obviously via a satellite dish.

Have you cancelled?

When you get a sky CS retention rep on, some will play ball, some wont. If you get one that won't, just tell them you're gonna call back as you have someone at the door and cant complete now. Then phone back and see if you get luckier.

I'd use the recession as an excuse and need to cut back because your partner has been made redundant.

Hey, why not get onto these guys and tell them you don't want to pay the full amount this year, and you will sell your TV if they wont give you a refund..LOL... :whistling:

"TV Licensing" is a trading name used by companies contracted by the BBC to administer the collection of television licence fees and enforcement of the television licensing system. The majority of administration is contracted to Capita Business Services Ltd, with cash related payment schemes contracted to Revenues Management Services Ltd. Over-the-counter services are contracted to PayPoint Collections Ltd. Marketing and public relations activities are contracted to the AMV Consortium. This consortium is made up of the following four companies: Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO Ltd, Fishburn Hedges Boys Williams Ltd, PHD Media Ltd and Proximity London Ltd. The BBC is a public authority in respect of its television licensing functions and retains overall responsibility.

Original Poster

guv;4043930

Dont confuse freeview with freesat. Although the channels are much the … Dont confuse freeview with freesat. Although the channels are much the same, Freeview is terrestrial (ie via an aerial) and freesat is obviously via a satellite dish.Have you cancelled?When you get a sky CS retention rep on, some will play ball, some wont. If you get one that won't, just tell them you're gonna call back as you have someone at the door and cant complete now. Then phone back and see if you get luckier.I'd use the recession as an excuse and need to cut back because your partner has been made redundant.

lol thanks i done that with setanta and they cancelled didn't even offer it at half price. Then I had a phonecall a couple of days later from setanta saying did I want it at half price, I said noooooooo my hubby's been put on short time.

Original Poster

rockyfella;4044021

Hey, why not get onto these guys and tell them you don't want to pay the … Hey, why not get onto these guys and tell them you don't want to pay the full amount this year, and you will sell your TV if they wont give you a refund..LOL... :whistling: "TV Licensing" is a trading name used by companies contracted by the BBC to administer the collection of television licence fees and enforcement of the television licensing system. The majority of administration is contracted to Capita Business Services Ltd, with cash related payment schemes contracted to Revenues Management Services Ltd. Over-the-counter services are contracted to PayPoint Collections Ltd. Marketing and public relations activities are contracted to the AMV Consortium. This consortium is made up of the following four companies: Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO Ltd, Fishburn Hedges Boys Williams Ltd, PHD Media Ltd and Proximity London Ltd. The BBC is a public authority in respect of its television licensing functions and retains overall responsibility.

It annoys me that you still have to pay tv licence after the switchover when you either got to pay to get your tv converted or buy sky or freeview or freesat etc x x x

Original Poster

guv;4043930

Dont confuse freeview with freesat. Although the channels are much the … Dont confuse freeview with freesat. Although the channels are much the same, Freeview is terrestrial (ie via an aerial) and freesat is obviously via a satellite dish.Have you cancelled?When you get a sky CS retention rep on, some will play ball, some wont. If you get one that won't, just tell them you're gonna call back as you have someone at the door and cant complete now. Then phone back and see if you get luckier.I'd use the recession as an excuse and need to cut back because your partner has been made redundant.

Haven't cancelled YET lol I just spoke to freesat gonna cost £50 to £80 for a box or £290 for a freesat+ hd box which i don't need as I haven't got a bloody hd tv, I asked could I have a normal freesat+ box and they said no they only do freesat+ hd boxes, gutting x x x

Original Poster

Thanks so much for all your help guys and gals lol x x x x x

i called sky yesterday for my girlfrind and she got a sky+ box for $35 a free normal skybox free installation with a subscription to all channels appart from sports and multiroom for an extra £9.50

if you need any help and your a new customer get your mate to reccomend you to go to sky i jsut got me some m&s vouchers wuhoooo

Banned

Angelstar;4044093

Haven't cancelled YET lol I just spoke to freesat gonna cost £50 to £80 f … Haven't cancelled YET lol I just spoke to freesat gonna cost £50 to £80 for a box or £290 for a freesat+ hd box which i don't need as I haven't got a bloody hd tv, I asked could I have a normal freesat+ box and they said no they only do freesat+ hd boxes, gutting x x x

Thats correct. There are no non HD boxes for freesat.

If you are going to buy without recording or need for HD, you might just as well stick with sky and cancel the subscription. There will be some channels you'd lose though.

Alternatively you could buy a different satellite receiver that you could record with.] Like this one.

Original Poster

tsar_nate;4044177

i called sky yesterday for my girlfrind and she got a sky+ box for $35 a … i called sky yesterday for my girlfrind and she got a sky+ box for $35 a free normal skybox free installation with a subscription to all channels appart from sports and multiroom for an extra £9.50 if you need any help and your a new customer get your mate to reccomend you to go to sky i jsut got me some m&s vouchers wuhoooo

I'm an existing customer gutting I hope I can get the offer you got how did you get all that any tips lol x x :thumbsup:

Original Poster

guv;4044239

Thats correct. There are no non HD boxes for freesat.If you are going to … Thats correct. There are no non HD boxes for freesat.If you are going to buy without recording or need for HD, you might just as well stick with sky and cancel the subscription. There will be some channels you'd lose though.Alternatively you could buy a different satellite receiver that you could record with.] Like this one.

That's interesting thanks very much

Angelstar;4044252

I'm an existing customer gutting I hope I can get the offer you got how … I'm an existing customer gutting I hope I can get the offer you got how did you get all that any tips lol x x :thumbsup:

well i called 2 hours before and the first woman sed i would be gettinga free sky+ box but the nest time i called they sed no thats last months offer you only get the vouchers i was gutted lol but if i did have the box i wouldnt need it so i would have just sold it anyways have a look on the sky forums i cant remember any addresses but im sure theres tips on there

Original Poster

tsar_nate;4044303

well i called 2 hours before and the first woman sed i would be gettinga … well i called 2 hours before and the first woman sed i would be gettinga free sky+ box but the nest time i called they sed no thats last months offer you only get the vouchers i was gutted lol but if i did have the box i wouldnt need it so i would have just sold it anyways have a look on the sky forums i cant remember any addresses but im sure theres tips on there

ok thanks x x

Banned

guv;4044239

Thats correct. There are no non HD boxes for freesat.If you are going to … Thats correct. There are no non HD boxes for freesat.If you are going to buy without recording or need for HD, you might just as well stick with sky and cancel the subscription. There will be some channels you'd lose though.Alternatively you could buy a different satellite receiver that you could record with.] Like this one.

yes I have one of those and they are very nice too .. :w00t:

Original Poster

dog_cop;4044347

great i'mseriously thinking about it x x do you have to connect it to your dish though i'm terrible when it comes to technical stuff

Banned

dog_cop;4044347

I have ]one of these, but currently just using] this one.

My 6900HD is the older version without net connection. (Unfortunately.)

It opens up a much bigger picture than playing with cams!:w00t:

Original Poster

guv;4044431

I have ]one of these, but currently just using] this one.My 6900HD is the … I have ]one of these, but currently just using] this one.My 6900HD is the older version without net connection. (Unfortunately.)It opens up a much bigger picture than playing with cams!:w00t:

thanks for your help x x

Banned

Angelstar;4044389

great i'mseriously thinking about it x x do you have to connect it to … great i'mseriously thinking about it x x do you have to connect it to your dish though i'm terrible when it comes to technical stuff

Yes. Just connect the cable you have on your current sky box to it.

However, you'd only get channels from the Astra satellite at 28East. There's lots more out there!!:w00t:

Banned

guv;4044587

Yes. Just connect the cable you have on your current sky box to … Yes. Just connect the cable you have on your current sky box to it.However, you'd only get channels from the Astra satellite at 28East. There's lots more out there!!:w00t:

mm the russian ones are fun :?

just ring them up, say you not happy with the price, ask to be put through to cancellations. and cancel. Simple. it takes 30 days for the cancel period to come along, so dont worry. they will either offer you something straight away. Or phone you up at the last minute.com.

Banned

dog_cop;4044603

mm the russian ones are fun :?

No, but the French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Greek, Turkish, Italian etc are!:w00t:

Oops! You've changed your avy!!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ashes thread(prizes)58
    2. Gran Turismo Sport - Collector's Edition (PS4) £79.54 Delivered @ Amazon.de11
    3. Is Black Friday a big con!2231
    4. Beetlejuice Remake87

See more discussions