Sky in bedroom?

Posted 15th Nov
Hello all, I'd like to have my sky in the bedroom but I don't want to pay extra for multiroom.

I have a old(ish) sky + HD box with the RF output.

I have a sky magic Eye I have been given, and I have been reading on Google something about a amplifier.

Could anyone recommend a amplifier no more than £20 and is that all I would need obviously bar the wire.

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
You dont need an amplifier just stick the magic eye cable into the sky box rf output and run the cable into the back of your tv in whatever room then just use a sky remote to control it as normal.
Edited by: "matthews9479" 15th Nov
The old kit should do it all, the co-ax out of the RF2 output (from memory) out the back of the Sky box, in and out the magic eye (again from memory) you just have to turn some voltage on the RF2 in the settings (can't remember where) for the magic eye to work.

If my memory serves correctly.

How vague?
Should work without the amp, and don't forget to turn on power to the second RF out (hidden in settings)
tvanswers.org.uk/ans…tml
As above, You can only watch the same channel as what's down stairs tho
Once you run the cable, on the sky remote, press services 0 0 1 select. Then go to RF out, turn on 'rf outlet power supply' (this is to power the magic eye). Then tune your bedrooms telly to the analogue channel that is set in 'rf channel number' (usually 38). Sorted.
Thank you for your reply.
SaltyExpert15/11/2019 19:06

The old kit should do it all, the co-ax out of the RF2 output (from …The old kit should do it all, the co-ax out of the RF2 output (from memory) out the back of the Sky box, in and out the magic eye (again from memory) you just have to turn some voltage on the RF2 in the settings (can't remember where) for the magic eye to work.If my memory serves correctly.How vague?

Seems complicated. Just remove ceiling and roof.
AndyRoyd15/11/2019 22:32

Seems complicated. Just remove ceiling and roof.

Much simpler method
Or just get second dish for £10 and watch your own channels.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants