Groups

Sky installation help

I have decided to get Sky-hd and my installation date is the end of December.
    I want to have my current Sky box in a bedroom, so i can get the free channels, but i don't have a cable in my bedroom. So my question is, would the Sky engineer run another cable to my bedroom if i pay him extra???

13 Comments

It all depends on the individual engineer. It shouldn't be too much of a hassle, as long as you have a quad LNB already on your dish

Give him some drink money!

Oh and get the girlfriend to ask him! always works!

jellybaby22;3359074

yh this actually works..be nice to the sky man...you can get almost … yh this actually works..be nice to the sky man...you can get almost anything......:?

jellybaby!! :shock: what have you done for the sky man then!!

jellybaby22;3359074

yh this actually works..be nice to the sky man...you can get almost … yh this actually works..be nice to the sky man...you can get almost anything......:?

Its so true! 'confessions of a Sky installer' must be a sure fire book if it were to be ever published!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, thats good to here that he'll probably be able to do it. How much extra do you think it will cost me?

Don't have a gf to ask nicely, so i've got to hope that its a female sky installer! (if they exist).

bathfan;3359231

Thanks everyone, thats good to here that he'll probably be able to do … Thanks everyone, thats good to here that he'll probably be able to do it.Don't have a gf to ask nicely, so i've got to hope that its a female sky installer! (if they exist).

Any pretty friends, An Aunt or sister or your mum may work! :oops:

Banned

They wanted £50 when I asked about it, though I think this was money in their pocket if you know what I mean you might be able to knock them cheaper. I just ended up doing it myself though.

Yeah if you don't mind doing it yourself, it'd be loads cheaper to get the cable (coaxial) yourself, you can then put it wherever you like (e.g. run it along your skirting board, outside or drill through the walls)

Original Poster

Definitely don't fancy doing it myself, i know i would mess it up like all my other DIY attempts!
    Think i'll just hope that i get a decent engineer and that he'll do it cheaply.

Banned

It shouldnt cost any more than £20 for them to run that cable - and its £20 in their pocket for 30 minutes work!

Hopefully you'll get a nice one that'll do it for a tenner. (Tell them thats how much a friend of yours had it done for!)

Banned

guv;3360412

It shouldnt cost any more than £20 for them to run that cable - and its … It shouldnt cost any more than £20 for them to run that cable - and its £20 in their pocket for 30 minutes work!Hopefully you'll get a nice one that'll do it for a tenner. (Tell them thats how much a friend of yours had it done for!)

a tenner,and they say scots are mean guv!:-D
    nah think you were right the first time £20 sounds about right and ill bet he does it in under ten minutes!:thumbsup:

Banned

RFC;3360746

a tenner,and they say scots are mean guv!:-Dnah think you were right the … a tenner,and they say scots are mean guv!:-Dnah think you were right the first time £20 sounds about right and ill bet he does it in under ten minutes!:thumbsup:

Hehe..... Its worth asking!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4492109
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35194
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346
      4. What is there free to do in your town?2443

See more discussions