Sky installation help

So if I'm now going for Sky+ is there any benefit in me keeping my old box?

I have freeview and know I can get Freesat but do I not need another Sky card for this? If so will Sky give me another card free? Also, is it possible to ask the installer to install a seperate dish for Sky+ if I were to use my old box in say the bedroom then I would need a seperate sat. dish for this i.e. the original one.

If someone with some experience could answer my questions. Rep is up for grabs! :thumbsup:

11 Comments

No you wouldn't need a seperate dish.......They can run the spare box into another room for you but it costs £10 a month for Sky Multiroom.

Original Poster

Syzable

No you wouldn't need a seperate dish.......They can run the spare box … No you wouldn't need a seperate dish.......They can run the spare box into another room for you but it costs £10 a month for Sky Multiroom.

Is that even if it's on Freesat or Freeview mode i.e. without the viewing card (not sure what the exact name is)

Blanco

Is that even if it's on Freesat or Freeview mode i.e. without the viewing … Is that even if it's on Freesat or Freeview mode i.e. without the viewing card (not sure what the exact name is)

To get the Freesat you'd still need them to run wires to another room for you but their would be no multi-room charge.

Offer the engineer "a drink" to run you some more cables..............he'll probably say yes.

Banned

Syzable

To get the Freesat you'd still need them to run wires to another room for … To get the Freesat you'd still need them to run wires to another room for you but their would be no multi-room charge.Offer the engineer "a drink" to run you some more cables..............he'll probably say yes.

isnt that a bit naughty :whistling:

dog_cop

isnt that a bit naughty :whistling:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh...........don't tell the police about backhanders......:p

Banned

Syzable

Shhhhhhhhhhhh...........don't tell the police about backhanders......:p

ok I wont:whistling: now keep the noise down I am going to bed after my night shift :lazy:

dog_cop

ok I wont:whistling: now keep the noise down I am going to bed after my … ok I wont:whistling: now keep the noise down I am going to bed after my night shift :lazy:

Will do.........night.

Banned

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=7]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz night [/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

Syzable

To get the Freesat you'd still need them to run wires to another room for … To get the Freesat you'd still need them to run wires to another room for you but their would be no multi-room charge.Offer the engineer "a drink" to run you some more cables..............he'll probably say yes.

Any preference on drinks?

Are these people classy and do the james bond thing or would a heineken do the job? :giggle:

Blanco

Any preference on drinks?Are these people classy and do the james bond … Any preference on drinks?Are these people classy and do the james bond thing or would a heineken do the job? :giggle:

:lol:

Original Poster

As promised, rep left for you Syzable
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764026
    2. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    3. PS4 Beta Software Version 511
    4. Better watch out for these...1017

See more discussions