Groups

Sky Mid Broadband changing allowance

Banned
    So it's going from 40GB to 10GB but they are increasing my speed, I would rather have the extra 30GB download usage, I'm so angry!

I've had to search through google for this information, the newsletter from Sky just says "we are changing the monthly usage allowance". nothing else

Oh hang on there's a number to opt out...sweet!! (08442 410 515)

16 Comments

10GB a month? 1 xbox game is about 7GB...so glad I have "unlimited"

Original Poster Banned

4mins to navigate new menus...12 minutes to complete call...result = told to dial the number again and go to broadband customer services, I thought you were ****ing broadband customer services!!

rwm24;5621418

I pay £5 per month:p

If you pay next to nothing for your internet you expect basic services i guess lol

lumoruk;5621514

4mins to navigate new menus...12 minutes to complete call...result = told … 4mins to navigate new menus...12 minutes to complete call...result = told to dial the number again and go to broadband customer services, I thought you were ****ing broadband customer services!!I pay £5 per month:p

I've got it as part of a virgin package, the broadband alone is apprently £5/month :P allyours.virginmedia.com/web…d=2

We have to have a land line too though

Hmm. Sky are always changing the goalposts.

CHOOSE FROM 3 GREAT SKY BROADBAND PRODUCTS
    EXCLUSIVELY FOR SKY TV CUSTOMERS

Unlimited package
    Up to 20Mb for £10†/month

Everyday package
    Up to 10Mb for £5†/month

Base package
    Up to 2Mb for Free†/month

Base - 2GB; Everyday - 10GB; Unlimited - Unlimited; Connect - 40GB

Original Poster Banned

rwm24;5621539

I've got it as part of a virgin package, the broadband alone is apprently … I've got it as part of a virgin package, the broadband alone is apprently £5/month :P http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/service.do?id=2We have to have a land line too though

I can't get virgin, why do you need a land line if you have virgin? I used to have virgin at old address and was just cable

lumoruk;5621593

I can't get virgin, why do you need a land line if you have virgin? I … I can't get virgin, why do you need a land line if you have virgin? I used to have virgin at old address and was just cable

The broadband is only £5/month if you pay £11/month for a landline too.

I could probably get just broadband alone but I need Phone/TV/Broadband anyway so I went for a good package deal

lumoruk;5621593

I can't get virgin, why do you need a land line if you have virgin? I … I can't get virgin, why do you need a land line if you have virgin? I used to have virgin at old address and was just cable

we have virgin its ace
    we dont pay bt line rental though...

rwm24;5621418

how is that worked out

A play XBL for about 5 hours a week.. how much GB is that taking up per month?

Disco;5621637

how is that worked outA play XBL for about 5 hours a week.. how much GB … how is that worked outA play XBL for about 5 hours a week.. how much GB is that taking up per month?

I download games, burn them to dual layer dvd and play them instead of buying them. The games are ~7GB to download.

I have no idea how much bandwidth XBL uses as I don't use it

deejaychaos;5621531

If you pay next to nothing for your internet you expect basic services i … If you pay next to nothing for your internet you expect basic services i guess lol

Disagree, I pay £7.34 a month to o2 get excellent speeds, no caps and excellent customer services.

Original Poster Banned

I give up...apparently no way of opting out.

lumoruk;5622042

you can mate. if theyve changed the terms of the contract, you can refuse to carry on with the contract :thumbsup:

lumoruk;5622042

How long have you got before you 12 months contract is up?

Original Poster Banned

Its not that i can get out when i want but i love the 40gb allowance and i'm more than happy with the speed. Plenty of upset customers on sky user. Don't want to pay extra £60 a year for max package.

I'm annoyed , cutting it by 3/4 , its getting the torrenters i tell ya!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      3. word association Game74044544
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions