Sky mobile

Posted 28th Sep
I’m interested in changing from EE to Sky mobile, anyone have any views or points about sky? (Bad or good)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Sky Mobile is far better value, but signal is from O2. Generally EE has the best signal but that depends on area, same with data speeds but IMO data speeds are the slowest on O2. At least Sky also has WiFi Calling and data rollover in the Piggybank is great!

Put my mother on Sky Mobile, £3 for 2GB data +ultd calls and texts is a pretty unbeatable deal.
Edited by: "jamie15" 28th Sep
jamie1528/09/2019 18:26

Sky Mobile is far better value, but signal is from O2. Generally EE has …Sky Mobile is far better value, but signal is from O2. Generally EE has the best signal but that depends on area, same with data speeds but IMO data speeds are the slowest on O2. At least Sky also has WiFi Calling and data rollover in the Piggybank is great!Put my mother on Sky Mobile, £3 for 2GB data +ultd calls and texts is a pretty unbeatable deal.

Signal with EE has been awful unless your in a city, thinking of going for 12months SIMO 10gb for £10 pm, worth trying it out I reckon.
Ivanmac1128/09/2019 18:30

Signal with EE has been awful unless your in a city, thinking of going for …Signal with EE has been awful unless your in a city, thinking of going for 12months SIMO 10gb for £10 pm, worth trying it out I reckon.

For me EE signal has been the best in London (bear in mind I don't live in the city but in the outskirts). Vodafone is second. Three is third and O2 is last for data.
jamie1528/09/2019 18:26

Sky Mobile is far better value, but signal is from O2. Generally EE has …Sky Mobile is far better value, but signal is from O2. Generally EE has the best signal but that depends on area, same with data speeds but IMO data speeds are the slowest on O2. At least Sky also has WiFi Calling and data rollover in the Piggybank is great!Put my mother on Sky Mobile, £3 for 2GB data +ultd calls and texts is a pretty unbeatable deal.

You cannot give that advice without knowing the location of the poster. Personally I cant even get a signal with EE never mind a better speed than O2!
cecilmcroberts28/09/2019 18:56

You cannot give that advice without knowing the location of the poster. …You cannot give that advice without knowing the location of the poster. Personally I cant even get a signal with EE never mind a better speed than O2!

I said very clearly it is dependant on area, so that advice is perfectly valid. EE do have the most coverage in the UK statistically anyway.
Live in a major-ish city and EE/Three have the worst signal here. O2/Vodafone best. Got a sky mobile deal and had issue with number port but was resolved in a few days and no issues since

Get a PAYG sim from o2 to check signal
Edited by: "Myriad" 28th Sep
I’ve got my kids on sky and been great so far and very cheap I think I pay £7.50 for 8 Gb and both are on same account so all the spare data joins into 1 so my daughter who can use a lot can take some out the bank if needed and if it builds up too much you can cash in for free goods. Signal and speed isn’t as good as ee for sure and I’d maybe not swap to sky myself as love the faster speeds of ee and knowing I’ll get signal in more places but for kids it’s perfect
In fact you just made me check and my daughter was down to 500mb left with a week to go so stuck an extra gb on her account from the bank and still have 70gb spare, think I’ll get some freebies
I was with 3 (2 sim only deal) who’d had awful customer service so was looking to change. My deal was unlimited minutes and texts plus 4 Gb data.
Sky upon taking a new TV contract (cheaper price than previous year) Sky mobile offered me half price deal which meant unlimited minutes / texts plus 8Gb (yes 8Gb) at £10pm (half price =£5pm). So 2 sims are costing me only £10pm.
As it’s O2 it’s a lot better than 3’s reception.
I suggest if your TV contract is due than threaten to leave and you’ll get better price not only on TV but may also get Sky Mobile deal at half price.
What have got to lose?
As they say if you don’t ask you don’t get.
Best of luck.
Forgot to mention that all my unused data are carried forward .
Contract however was 12 months
Edited by: "cobraint" 28th Sep
cobraint28/09/2019 23:05

I was with 3 (2 sim only deal) who’d had awful customer service so was l …I was with 3 (2 sim only deal) who’d had awful customer service so was looking to change. My deal was unlimited minutes and texts plus 4 Gb data. Sky upon taking a new TV contract (cheaper price than previous year) Sky mobile offered me half price deal which meant unlimited minutes / texts plus 8Gb (yes 8Gb) at £10pm (half price =£5pm). So 2 sims are costing me only £10pm.As it’s O2 it’s a lot better than 3’s reception. I suggest if your TV contract is due than threaten to leave and you’ll get better price not only on TV but may also get Sky Mobile deal at half price.What have got to lose?As they say if you don’t ask you don’t get.Best of luck.Forgot to mention that all my unused data are carried forward . Contract however was 12 months

I suggest you check your plan mix. They are currently offering 10Gb for £10!! Change up is immediate and discount should carry through, check sky.com/mysky or the app.
360finder28/09/2019 23:28

I suggest you check your plan mix. They are currently offering 10Gb for …I suggest you check your plan mix. They are currently offering 10Gb for £10!! Change up is immediate and discount should carry through, check sky.com/mysky or the app.

Yes you are right it’s 10gb for £10 - half price = £5.00 x 2 sims =£10pm
I’ve managed to piggyback 55gb already and I don’t know when I can utilise them
i'm on 8gb data, unl calls n data for £10, happy with service plus with sky go data is not counted.
cobraint28/09/2019 23:40

Yes you are right it’s 10gb for £10 - half price = £5.00 x 2 sims =£10pm I’ …Yes you are right it’s 10gb for £10 - half price = £5.00 x 2 sims =£10pm I’ve managed to piggyback 55gb already and I don’t know when I can utilise them

I have 4 SIM deals. And 150Gb on the bank.

My plan is a 4 year one as the data rolls on for 3 years.

Build up the piggy bank this year to a high limit.

End of contract negotiate half price again if possible, stay with them even if it isn't and move all SIM plans to the lowest (currently 500mb for £4 pm) then leave them there for three years using the data.

Not gonna get a better deal than that! If the bank gets low I can move one plan for one month to 'top it up'
360finder29/09/2019 10:36

I have 4 SIM deals. And 150Gb on the bank.My plan is a 4 year one as the …I have 4 SIM deals. And 150Gb on the bank.My plan is a 4 year one as the data rolls on for 3 years.Build up the piggy bank this year to a high limit. End of contract negotiate half price again if possible, stay with them even if it isn't and move all SIM plans to the lowest (currently 500mb for £4 pm) then leave them there for three years using the data. Not gonna get a better deal than that! If the bank gets low I can move one plan for one month to 'top it up'

Thanks for the tip
I may consider that
Does anyone know the limit of the piggy bank?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants