Sky mobile 50% off sim only via customer service

Posted 16th Nov
If you text sky customer service and ask if they have any deals they will offer you 50% off any sim only data plan (except the £10 8gb deal) number of text ‭+44 7860 015524‬

3332667.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

34 Comments
Please note I ordered two sims (one for me one for my wife) which is why my order is £18 = 2 X £9
39000889-ctUF0.jpg
mick25278216/11/2019 08:00

Please note I ordered two sims (one for me one for my wife) which is why …Please note I ordered two sims (one for me one for my wife) which is why my order is £18 = 2 X £9

I think you should mention in the title it is for existing customers, unless you tell us otherwise.
Edited by: "T2G" 16th Nov
That’s a shame the 8gb for £5 would have been perfect.
Thanks, I’ve just sent them a text to ask for my son’s contract as his half price deal has just ended & I don’t want to be paying £6 for 2gb
It’s for anyone new customers and existing
Thanks for the update Mick
For clarity - I am not a sky TV customer. The free UL texts and calls is applied to ALL Sky sim only deals and this has been the case for a while now they just haven’t updated the messages the send.
Strangely, I can text the number quoted. Suspect it’s a premium rate text or outside my allowance (EE). Is there a WhatsApp option?
Edited by: "Neil_David" 16th Nov
Neil_David16/11/2019 08:53

That’s a shame the 8gb for £5 would have been perfect.

Use the app it’s showing £5 for me
abdul516/11/2019 10:11

Use the app it’s showing £5 for me

If your a existing customer that is
abdul516/11/2019 10:11

If your a existing customer that is

Not showing for me and I’m a current customer. Which app are you going through? Could be account specific.
Neil_David16/11/2019 10:13

Not showing for me and I’m a current customer. Which app are you going t …Not showing for me and I’m a current customer. Which app are you going through? Could be account specific.

The Sky app
The updated one
39001912-LMgxK.jpg

Here is a picture
abdul516/11/2019 10:14

[Image] Here is a picture

Thanks, just had a look and no such offer for me. Just shows as £10.
Neil_David16/11/2019 10:17

Thanks, just had a look and no such offer for me. Just shows as £10.

Ah ok
I’m on the £3 for 2GB DEAL
Probably depends on what your currently on I guess
abdul516/11/2019 10:18

Ah ok I’m on the £3 for 2GB DEAL Probably depends on what your currently on …Ah ok I’m on the £3 for 2GB DEAL Probably depends on what your currently on I guess

I was on that deal. My offer ended last month and I moved on to the £6 standard contract. Typical of my luck.
Neil_David16/11/2019 10:20

I was on that deal. My offer ended last month and I moved on to the £6 …I was on that deal. My offer ended last month and I moved on to the £6 standard contract. Typical of my luck.

Phoned them and try to haggle
Or just move to the lowest plan and uses piggy bank if you have anything on it
Promise it’s not a premium rate number. If you go to the contact us part of the site you have option to live chat , Facebook message or SMS. Get the number from there.
abdul516/11/2019 10:13

The Sky app The updated one

Which sky app, mobile or just general app?
abdul516/11/2019 10:14

[Image] Here is a picture

Just spoke to customer services, they denied the offer originally, then said that it had ended. Then said that I was already on a 50% off contract. Which I’m not as price doubled on my contract last month.

Just unlucky and got one of the less interested agents
Neil_David16/11/2019 10:58

Just spoke to customer services, they denied the offer originally, then …Just spoke to customer services, they denied the offer originally, then said that it had ended. Then said that I was already on a 50% off contract. Which I’m not as price doubled on my contract last month.Just unlucky and got one of the less interested agents

Try again. I got fobbed off first time last njgtt but second person offered it.
In typical sky style, my contract ends in 3 days so if I wanted to discuss a new contract I need to speak to the retentions team. Current waiting time to speak to someone is 30mins. Why these things can’t be done through online chats, Messenger etc is beyond me.
No joy with my first attempt. Might try again. Any links to the chat?
Neil_David16/11/2019 11:49

In typical sky style, my contract ends in 3 days so if I wanted to discuss …In typical sky style, my contract ends in 3 days so if I wanted to discuss a new contract I need to speak to the retentions team. Current waiting time to speak to someone is 30mins. Why these things can’t be done through online chats, Messenger etc is beyond me.

Retentions can be done through the message us service, no need to call.
jamie1516/11/2019 14:17

Not what they told me, they were adamant that I had to call
Neil_David16/11/2019 14:26

Not what they told me, they were adamant that I had to call

I used message us last renewal and it worked. Maybe worth a try while on hold.
jamie1516/11/2019 14:30

I used message us last renewal and it worked. Maybe worth a try while on …I used message us last renewal and it worked. Maybe worth a try while on hold.

Cheers I’m trying Messenger again through FB. Can’t face spending 30mins on hold through the normal number.
Neil_David16/11/2019 14:31

Cheers I’m trying Messenger again through FB. Can’t face spending 30mins on …Cheers I’m trying Messenger again through FB. Can’t face spending 30mins on hold through the normal number.

I used the website one but pretty sure it's the same team. Good luck
Try as I could, I could only get them to go 25% off. So went for 2 x 8GB for £7.50 each
Edited by: "funkymonkeyboy" 16th Nov
I’m getting stonewalled at the moment. Getting tiresome. May just cut losses and move.
Neil_David16/11/2019 16:43

I’m getting stonewalled at the moment. Getting tiresome. May just cut l …I’m getting stonewalled at the moment. Getting tiresome. May just cut losses and move.

If you are calling, you could use something like WeQ4U and you will get a callback.
garrafk16/11/2019 10:41

Which sky app, mobile or just general app?

Sky mobile app
jamie1516/11/2019 14:17

I can only find email us or call us - where is the message option?

Edit: Not under cancelling skymobile but there is an SMS us option under Data, Mins Texts, = going ot be easier for me to call as I have 2 contracts
Edited by: "mgk" 18th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants