Sky Mobile now offering 5G for free as part of Sky VIP on all SIM only contracts

Posted 17th Jan
Sky Mobile now offering 5G as part of Sky VIP which appears to be free to sign up for at the moment. This is one of the cheapest ways to jump on 5G if you're lucky enough to live in the right area.

Sky Mobile uses the o2 network. All 12 month contracts

Unlimited mins + texts.
3GB 6 quid
9GB 12 quid
10GB 15 quid
15GB 18 quid
25GB for 25 quid

Lifted straight from the o2 5G website:

Where can I get 5G?
O2 5G is live in areas of the following 21 towns and cities: Belfast, Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, Cardiff, Coventry, Derby, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Leicester, Lisburn, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham, Sheffield, Slough and Stoke-on-Trent.

O2’s 5G rollout will continue to reach customers, with a plan to reach a total of 50 locations by summer 2020. We’re currently busy planning our 5G rollout in the following: Aberdeen, Birkenhead, Blackpool, Brighton, Bournemouth, Cambridge, Eton, Guildford, Hove, Kingston upon Hull, Luton, Milton Keynes, Newbury, Northampton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Sunderland, Warrington, Windsor and Wolverhampton.

To make sure you get 5G where you need it most, we’ll be targeting transport hubs, key business areas and entertainment and sports venues, including The O2 and Twickenham Stadium. We’ll also be working with major UK businesses including Network Rail and Northumbrian Water Group to help build the 5G economy.

sky.com/sho…/5g
Community Updates

Groups

7 Comments
@MrSwitch cough
Wow, incredible! Shame they use O2's 5G which is the weakest of the 3 networks. By the time 5G becomes mainstream a lot more MVNOs will probably support 5G anyway.
jamie1517/01/2020 23:13

Wow, incredible! Shame they use O2's 5G which is the weakest of the 3 …Wow, incredible! Shame they use O2's 5G which is the weakest of the 3 networks. By the time 5G becomes mainstream a lot more MVNOs will probably support 5G anyway.

Not as weak as Three though
toge17/01/2020 23:14

Hence why I said out of the 3 networks
Edited by: "jamie15" 17th Jan
jamie1517/01/2020 23:13

Wow, incredible! Shame they use O2's 5G which is the weakest of the 3 …Wow, incredible! Shame they use O2's 5G which is the weakest of the 3 networks. By the time 5G becomes mainstream a lot more MVNOs will probably support 5G anyway.

toge17/01/2020 23:14

jamie1517/01/2020 23:18

Hence why I said out of the 3 networks

True; out of the 3 network, Three is the weakest.
Kinda weird. I'd not previously associated 5G cellular expansion with Northumbrian Water Group.
Sky mobile, not for me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants