currently on 8gb/ month for £10.

i have 97gb saved in piggybank

is it worth anything?

are there limits?

what have others got? who has the most?
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
Cashing it in never seems worthwhile to me as the value they give you seems tight. However, drop down to the £3 per month 100mb tarrif and draw down what you need each month.
30gb = £30 off your bill
I've got 142gb in piggybank, was waiting to cash it in though.

Speaking to a Sky Rep the other day there is often deals on devices but they never advertise them, like "apparently" a few weeks ago there was a deal where you could trade in 100gb data for £150 off an iPad Pro, yet the normal promo is 50gb for £20 off. Didn't personally see the deal myself so I'm suspicious

I just build up the data though and never spend it, me and the mrs both have 10gb sims for £5 a month, we never use the 10gb but always bank 4 - 5gb each every month, soon builds up
It’s a shame that they use O2 signal I need Vodafone signal for where I work
they used to allow exchange for sky store vouchers, but they seemed to have taken that away now. there didn't seem to be anything available for the piggy bank. we have left sky mobile now as the call signal was poor.
eelvis25/07/2020 21:43

How do you do this?

I looked on the app, but it actually doesn’t say.

maybe you have to phone, to do it
buy sky store vouchers and sell on ebay is best bet,anything worth buying has gone up in the last few months
mutley125/07/2020 19:55

they used to allow exchange for sky store vouchers, but they seemed to …they used to allow exchange for sky store vouchers, but they seemed to have taken that away now. there didn't seem to be anything available for the piggy bank. we have left sky mobile now as the call signal was poor.

Still got it
jamstaruk197226/07/2020 00:32

buy sky store vouchers and sell on ebay is best bet,anything worth buying …buy sky store vouchers and sell on ebay is best bet,anything worth buying has gone up in the last few months

That the problem with piggybank, I now got £7.50 for 25gb and that building my bank for when go aboard
iceburnmarko09/08/2020 15:25

Still got it

i looked on the sky mobile app, and there wasn't an option to buy sky store vouchers. i assumed they have removed that now as i am sure i saw it there before. i have closed the sky mobile account now, so i am guessing it is too late
mutley109/08/2020 15:28

i looked on the sky mobile app, and there wasn't an option to buy sky …i looked on the sky mobile app, and there wasn't an option to buy sky store vouchers. i assumed they have removed that now as i am sure i saw it there before. i have closed the sky mobile account now, so i am guessing it is too late

For me not showing “any” -piggybank prices again, have to call. I myself, cause got a hand down iPad Pro, I now got sky sim with 25gb for £7.5. Can watch sky go on it / browse web, whilst wife going shopping, charging car on rapid etc. got 2 sims on £6 for 3gb each. Both out of contract, so thinking should I try and get 50% marker on them, transfer to the £8 for 6gb. Honestly do not need data as such got nearly 400gb in bank lol
iceburnmarko09/08/2020 15:33

For me not showing “any” -piggybank prices again, have to call. I myself, …For me not showing “any” -piggybank prices again, have to call. I myself, cause got a hand down iPad Pro, I now got sky sim with 25gb for £7.5. Can watch sky go on it / browse web, whilst wife going shopping, charging car on rapid etc. got 2 sims on £6 for 3gb each. Both out of contract, so thinking should I try and get 50% marker on them, transfer to the £8 for 6gb. Honestly do not need data as such got nearly 400gb in bank lol

i am sure it used to say how much data you have and what you can exchange them for, one of which were the sky store vouchers. when i looked recently, that option was no longer there and the only exchange available were money off products that you buy from sky mobile, like a new phone. this was no good to me.
mutley109/08/2020 15:36

i am sure it used to say how much data you have and what you can exchange …i am sure it used to say how much data you have and what you can exchange them for, one of which were the sky store vouchers. when i looked recently, that option was no longer there and the only exchange available were money off products that you buy from sky mobile, like a new phone. this was no good to me.

it did for most but never did for me until say 8 months ago like u said, and now stop again, hence have to call a right pain. If didn’t have sky tv with sky go might actually cancelled for that reason.. cause handset prices are more expensive from sky as well.
iceburnmarko09/08/2020 15:40

it did for most but never did for me until say 8 months ago like u said, …it did for most but never did for me until say 8 months ago like u said, and now stop again, hence have to call a right pain. If didn’t have sky tv with sky go might actually cancelled for that reason.. cause handset prices are more expensive from sky as well.

sky mobile is not taking any calls at the moment unless it is an emergency or you fall into the vulnerable group. so you may have to wait.
mutley109/08/2020 15:28

i looked on the sky mobile app, and there wasn't an option to buy sky …i looked on the sky mobile app, and there wasn't an option to buy sky store vouchers. i assumed they have removed that now as i am sure i saw it there before. i have closed the sky mobile account now, so i am guessing it is too late

Still there. On this page: sky.com/sho…her

Make sure you're logged in to see the option to redeem piggybank data against it.

5gb gets you £5 off a £10 voucher
25gb gets you a free £10 voucher

You can order more than one, but they have to be ordered separately and are delivered by post(!)
Edited by: "lyesbkz" 9th Aug
lyesbkz09/08/2020 16:35

Still there. On this page: …Still there. On this page: https://www.sky.com/shop/accessories/mobile/listing?category=VoucherMake sure you're logged in to see the option to redeem piggybank data against it.5gb gets you £5 off a £10 voucher 25gb gets you a free £10 voucherYou can order more than one, but they have to be ordered separately and are delivered by post(!)

damn i didn't see that. i only show rewards on the mobile app and it didn't have the sky store vouchers. i had over 30GB of data in the piggy bank when i closed the account so all that is now lost

it says paper voucher. what does that mean?
mutley109/08/2020 16:39

damn i didn't see that. i only show rewards on the mobile app and it …damn i didn't see that. i only show rewards on the mobile app and it didn't have the sky store vouchers. i had over 30GB of data in the piggy bank when i closed the account so all that is now lost it says paper voucher. what does that mean?

Means they post you a paper voucher.
heedrick09/08/2020 16:45

Means they post you a paper voucher.

can you then redeem this online? wonder why they can't email you a code?
Yes you redeem them on line, no idea why they do it that way
heedrick09/08/2020 17:05

Yes you redeem them on line, no idea why they do it that way

shame i didn't find this out before i closed my account.
mutley109/08/2020 16:20

sky mobile is not taking any calls at the moment unless it is an emergency …sky mobile is not taking any calls at the moment unless it is an emergency or you fall into the vulnerable group. so you may have to wait.

Yes know, In that group
Yeah I had 30gb and I redeemed six of the half price vouchers in one day and they were all posted separately
Iv'e got 201gb in mine ..
I found them very useful during lock down. They are now issuing blu ray again so could get the film and sell on the blu ray or gift it.
I’m gonna cash in 30gb for £30, then that’s the last 2 months of my contract paid off.

can I see when my 3 year piggybank expires? I can’t remember, but I’m sure it’s November
Post a comment
@
    Text