Sky mobile up their prices

Posted 28th Feb 2023
I’m buying an iPhone 14 and haven’t upgraded in a while and will get an iPhone 14

From sky mobile it’s £41 a month for 24 months then dropping by about £7 for the following 12

Is it better to buy from apple direct on interest free for 39.95 for 24 months and get a sim only for about £8 for the data I need

I’ve seen online and all the talk about price increases has me worried , at least with apple it’ll be fixed whereas sky have said they won’t up the data plan but I can’t find any info on their device plans

Any advice welcome
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Just look at your own figures and it’s a no-brainier. Going with Sky in the first 24 months you will spend about £100 less. In the next 12 months you will spend approx £300 more. As long as you are happy to keep the phone for 3 years then the maths tells the story. (edited)
    Worth pointing Tesco Mobile out as an option. If you do a Clubcard deal your prices are fixed for the duration of the contract. £36.99 A month for 6GB or £37.99 A month for 12GB On a 36 month plan. But you can adjust the length to suit your needs better, as well as having the option to upgrade at any time.
    Author
    I hadn’t considered tesco but was hoping for the 256 gig model which is a bit more many thanks
    Sky mobile device plan is fixed. All you’re doing is paying off the cost of the handset interest free over 3 years
    Author
    Have they stated that anywhere that prices won’t go up ? I only found that data plans won’t increase, also I thought a bit of interest was applied as it seemed more expensive than direct from apple
    Any price increases are only for the airtime plan, not the device plan
    my sky mobile went up from £1.50 a month to £2.50 a month
's avatar