Found 15th Nov 2009
I phoned sky to ask about multiroom and costs etc... The line was really bad and i couldnt make out what he was saying. Emailed online and got an automated response.

The guy mentioned something about the Sky HD+ box being 30 quid and 30 quid for installation if i took out sky movies. Would i need a HD tv for the box to work? I just have a normal CRT just now, but would be looking to get a new tv after xmas. Can someone clarify on this deal?

Also, is there any other better offers rather than going with Sky. Ie freesat etc.. I dont have an outside arial so my reception is pretty bad hence why i though sky would be good as its thru the dish.

Is it possibly to buy a second hand sky+ box and just pay for installation from Sky?

Any help would be good. Thanks!

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
8 Comments

I assume you would need a HD tv for the box to work, no, in fact, I'm sure it would work without a HD tv however a sky plus box would do the same job. I would get sky plus then upgrade to HD when you have the correct tv
If you can get someone to refer you then they receive £50 m&s voucher and you receive free sky plus box so just have to pay £30 installation
I have sky but no idea how I refer someone
Good luck

Original Poster

See im an existing customer as i already have sky in the livng room, would i still be elgible to be referred?

I'm not entirely sure? I have only been with sky for a few mths now, ummm sorry

I can give it a shot at referring you if you like? says free £50 m&s voucher for me and then free sky plus box and standard installation for you?

u need and hdtv for sky hd as it runs only through hdmi

CRT? wow!

you'll need a HD TV for the HD shows to show xx

Faiza;6898198

See im an existing customer as i already have sky in the livng room, … See im an existing customer as i already have sky in the livng room, would i still be elgible to be referred?

Sorry not eligible...... only new customers on that deal.

dealslover;6898308

u need and hdtv for sky hd as it runs only through hdmi

Not true; Sky+ HD box also has scart, standard rf's 1 and 2(powered - for remote link to another room), and S-Vid connections for standard definition. 1st Gen Thompson's had component. You only need HDMI if you want to watch in HD resolution; does cost an extra £10/month for the privilege tho.

should be free for the hd box with 30 install have a look on there site
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769636
    2. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled. (Statement from TT Games)1416
    3. Boredom1114
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993255

See more discussions